Cheap brazilian beans... real good stuff!

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Cheap brazilian beans... real good stuff!

Postby Terje » Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:40 pm

That's what they sell around my neighborhood, brazilian beans. cause they're cheap. So far I've seen two kinds and one of them is more common. That's the one I got first. Now this other one was packaged in Bosnia, that's all the info the people who sell it will give. Who cares though? It costs around €6 for one kilo, a little less perhaps, and is really good. It's not Kona, it's not Yirgacheffe but it's a really good basic coffee for everyday use.
Different beans and a frying pan, Zassenhaus grinder and a couple of moka pots...
Terje

Postby Ian » Sun Aug 07, 2005 10:47 am

It's a good feeling when you find beans that you like at a good price. Are you buying green or roasted?
Ian

Postby Terje » Sun Aug 07, 2005 6:01 pm

Green of course! :evil: :wink:

I think this is some sort of blend. I get a little of the taste that the other brazilian beans I bought have, so those might be in there. Adn then I'm getting a serious crema in the moka pot with these new ones so my guess is that there's some robusta in this blend. If it is a blend.

But who cares what it is. I know where to buy them, they're cheap and they taste great.
Different beans and a frying pan, Zassenhaus grinder and a couple of moka pots...
Terje

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping