My latest blends are......

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

My latest blends are......

Postby simonp » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:53 pm

Purchased pre-blends :oops: :oops: Having been short in time recently I have been cheating and roasting Daterra and Sweet Marias Monkey blend.

I have noticed that both of these ahve a lower acidity when done in the Hottop compared with the air roast. The Daterra is nicer this way, the Monkey blend, on first taste (2 days rest), may be a little too smooth now, but the jury is still out till I try it some more.

I hope to resume normal service soon with blend experiments :)
Profitec 700 dual boiler
Isomac Rituale
Mazzer Mini
Mahlkonig Vario
Chemex
Aeropress
2 Bodum press pots
Hottop updated to a B with Compuetr control
Imex roaster, dimmer mod on heater (under spare bed)
Rival popper, with split motor and dimmer mod on heater (retired)
simonp

Postby stevenzaat » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:07 pm

Simon,

I am going on holiday and have to roast for 10 persons for at least the first week, when I will stay in la Fayence (France). The second and third week I will stay in Lorgues, where there is an excellent small coffee shop where I will buy my beans. Anyway knowing that the 10 persons are really coffee drinkers I expect I have to serve 50 coffee a day, 350 coffee in a week, so I have to roast approximately 3 kilogram. This gives me great opportunities for some blend experiences. Simon, I will read all your blend threads the coming days, but maybe you have some additional ideas knowing that I have the following green beans in stock:
* Yemen Mokha Imail
* Sumatra Lintong
* Java (Kali Tengah)
* Nicaragua (Lazohoren)
* Mexico (Santa Rita Pearls)
* Ethiopian Yirgacheffe (as pure blend, in my opinion too much citrus)
* Colombian (Supremo Single XXI)
* Brazil (Brauna estate)
* Indian Monsoon Malabar)

I was thinking at least to combine the Lintong, Brazil, Colombian and the Indian Monsoon, but start reading your threds now.

Best regards,

Steven

so I was thinking of a blend with some Brazilian, soem Lintong and some Monsooned Malabar.

where you can buy ext

who are very willing and they expect a lot of coffee from me. I will read the next days all your post because
La Marzocco GS/3 with a Mini Mazzer Electronic (version B) for my espresso/cappuccino

Solis Maestro grinder for my french press vacuum brewed coffee, Hottop roaster, Cona D coffee brewer and a Bodum French Press.
stevenzaat

Postby simonp » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:46 pm

For espresso? If so, perhaps Brazil, Lintong, and some Yemen (3, 2, 1 parts combination), for a really chocolate blend.
Or, Brazil, Columbian, Lintong, and Yirg (4, 3, 2, 1 parts combination), , for some more brightness.
Personally I woulsd only use small ammounts of MM, to add some bite.
Profitec 700 dual boiler
Isomac Rituale
Mazzer Mini
Mahlkonig Vario
Chemex
Aeropress
2 Bodum press pots
Hottop updated to a B with Compuetr control
Imex roaster, dimmer mod on heater (under spare bed)
Rival popper, with split motor and dimmer mod on heater (retired)
simonp

Postby stevenzaat » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:44 am

Thanks pale,

I go for the chocolate blend, with a little bit more Yemen in it. I let you know after my holiday if I impressed my family.

Best regards,

Steve
La Marzocco GS/3 with a Mini Mazzer Electronic (version B) for my espresso/cappuccino

Solis Maestro grinder for my french press vacuum brewed coffee, Hottop roaster, Cona D coffee brewer and a Bodum French Press.
stevenzaat

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping