Flavour Wheel

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Flavour Wheel

Postby aloening » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:28 pm

Does anyone know where I can get a 'Coffee Tasters Flavor Wheel' in the U.K.?

I know that the SCAA web site has them, but is in the USA and delivery is slow and expensive.

Thanks

Adrian
Adrian Loening
aloening

Postby Steve » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:14 pm

Steve
Founder Member

Postby Beanie » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:21 pm

I have an extra 'letter'-sized coloured copy of it stapled to the "Specialty Coffees of the World" map and the "SCAA Green Arabica Coffee Classification System" from one of my workshops. I'll post it to you if you like (just PM your address) :)

I don't think it takes so long to arrive. So far, all my member packages have arrived within 5-10 days of posting... so it's not that long :) I haven't ordered anything yet; however if anyone is interested, I can do a bulk order :)

Cheers,
Marcy
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Postby aloening » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:26 pm

Thanks Marcy,

The offer of the letter sized is great but I need a big one if I can get it. Do you have to be a member of SCAA to order from their site?

I have a photo of one - so was thinking of re-drawing it and plotting out on my big plotter - but could be way too much work!

Adrian

Adrian
Adrian Loening
aloening

Postby aloening » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:34 pm

Just found out that you don't have to be a member - but the shipping cost is $50 US - which is a bit much for a $12 chart!
Adrian Loening
aloening

Postby Beanie » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:58 pm

Ooo... plotter, nice :)

Actually, recreating it is probably only an hour's work. You can do it in half the time as a square/rectangle rather than circular though. And that you could even do in excel or powerpoint or visio if you don't want to bother with DTP software. The only thing though... "square wheel" even though it's easier to read than the round wheel :(

Here's an example in XLS that you can colour as you like :)
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Postby Beanie » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:00 pm

Oopss... almost forgot... you can order without being a member :) http://www.scaa.org/shop/products_catal ... TER&page=2
Beanie

Postby Beanie » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:03 pm

Wait-a-minute!!! I could take a hi-res digi pic of it for you :)

----edit-----
:oops: And then she turns her head towards the camera... and it's gone!!! :oops: Sorry, BF took the SLR on holiday :( Ah well, camera gotta have holidays too :P
Beanie

Postby Joey » Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:00 am

I have one in my shop, but it's a poster and too big to be scanned by my small scanner.
If the SCAE here in Europe sell them, too - I am a member and can get it for you.
I am just too tired to look it up now.
It's 4:57 am and I had a long night in the shop. Gotta go to bed.
Nighty night
Joey
Attachments
coffee%20flavor%20wheel.jpg
coffee%20flavor%20wheel.jpg (71.3 KiB) Viewed 13996 times
"Latte" is french for "you've paid too much for your coffee"
Joey

Postby aloening » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:39 pm

Joey / Marcy

Thanks hugely for the offers. I have a load of DTP stuff (adobe Illustrator, AutoCAd, Fireworks etc etc) and an A0 colour plotter - but am both busy and lazy. I tried to order from SCAA but was frightened off when their web site put over $50 US postage.

I will look at the SCAE tomorrow. If no success I guess willhave to draw up from the JPG - for which thanks again.

Sorry took so long to reply - was away for a day or so.

Adrian
Adrian Loening
aloening

Postby Steve » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:43 pm

I'll be putting together a SCAA order soon, let me know by PM if you want to share the costs. The same to anyone else

Steve
Steve
Founder Member

Postby aloening » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:51 pm

Thanks Steve - yes I am up for it - will check out the SCAA tomorrow and send you a list.

Adrian
Adrian Loening
aloening

Postby aloening » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:55 pm

Steve - sorry I have been up to my eyeballs today so did not get a chance to look on the SCAA site. Could you get me a flavour wheel chart, that is all for now. Let me know how to pay you.

Adrian
Adrian Loening
aloening

Postby Steve » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:41 pm

Will do its going to be a week or so. I can use my membership discount which should make it easier, any one else in the UK after anything?

Steve
Steve
Founder Member

Postby aloening » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:07 pm

No problem - but would like to get it by the end of August at the latest.

Adrian
Adrian Loening
aloening

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping