More reviews by Eeffoc

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

More reviews by Eeffoc

Postby phil » Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:50 pm

Bless 'im. At least someone's doing some work - I feel quite ashamed that my Hottop review has languished, half finished, on my laptop for a couple of weeks now.

Direct links :

Hasbean CR La Meseta Tarrazu
Kopi Luwak!!
phil
Founder Member

Postby Raf » Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:43 am

Thanks, Steve, nice reviews. Too bad I can't roast these days.
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby alans » Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:59 am

Kopi Luwak is Green??? I was expecting it to look Monsooned or in some other way freaky. Is there a "fragrance" to the greens that reminds you where they've been?
alans

Postby Steve » Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:59 pm

none at all (thankfully) it looks, well green :)
Steve
Founder Member

Postby michel » Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:05 pm

Thanks Stephen, for the good visual almost oral prescripion of both coffee's... The Kopi I don't want to try for another year (altough your review is quit positive... the price - at the places I see it offered - is too high for me...) and about the Tarrazu: I have a hate/love affair with central american coffee's. Your prescription of citrus (and not wanting a espressomachine around.. also with a Kenyan-coffee) made me thinking..? I have a blend of Kenyan, Cuban, Panama (which make up at least 50 percent of the blend) in my grinder at the moment... and the overall taste is a bit sour... (I know - out of experience - when I wait a couple of days more the sourness will be balanced by bitter notes... but still: maybe these coffee's are not the best one's to select for a cup of espresso... Thanks for that insight!

Michel
A kitchen without espresso-gear is like a body without a soul.
michel

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping