Green Beans in Spain

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Green Beans in Spain

Postby bunna » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:50 am

Hello to all,

Firstly I feel I should introduce myself as a new member who is loving all this coffee chat that I find on the forum.

However, all this talk of fine fine coffee has encouraged me to look for a place where I can buy some green beans for a fresh home roast.

But where...There seems to be plently of e-shops in the UK, but does anyone know of a source of green beans in Spain???

Thanks all for the help...
bunna

Postby benoit » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:20 pm

Buana tardes Bunna!

All I could say, is to check for your national coffee roasters, blenders and distributors...

Check on all the coffee packs sobre el supermercado, take names, numbers, harrass them politely to direct you towards importators del cafe natural...

I have not search for cafe natural but I have been told many time by Barcelona friends that:

No es cafe verde Benito!!
cafe natural!!

benoit of frome, somerset, england
benoit

Postby Belgik » Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:06 am

¡Hola Bunna! Bienvenido al foro. Es que, ademas ser aficionado de café con leche español, y de vinos de la péninsula, me gusta aprender español y la historia del pais...
(Sorry, not to exclude anyone: it says I like coffee and wine and everything spanish, which is to say, I must be bonkers)...

Maybe Bunna will give me the "perfect" café con leche recipe???? :lol:

And, Benoit, welcome to papacity (or is it ¿popedom?)
Belgik

Postby bunna » Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:58 am

Hey thanks for the advice.
I´ve done a wee bit of investigating and its amazing all the places you can buy beans and what a great selection there is. Now i´ve got a lot of tasting to do.
As for Spanish cafe can leche, its pretty good, but I think it´s got something to do with the milk they use here, which is the UHT stuff. It makes the coffee a lot more creamy.
The majority of coffee for sale here is a mix with torrecfacto, which is the spanish for beans roasted with sugar. Why do they do that?
But things are changing here as with the rest of europe. Starbucks seems to be cloning shops rapidly. A few years are the centre of Madrid, I can´t remember any, and the other day with a small paseo, I went past 3.!
bunna

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping