nepal himalaya

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby Steve » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:09 pm

I don't think that's it matters if it is the truth or not, it was not this that concerned me.

I'm surprised at how quickly people on the internet can pass judgement on someone's reputation and livelihood, without knowing for certain all of the facts. I too have been involved in something similar which was proved later to be incorrect. It affected me personally, as I found it very upsetting and financially with potential lost sales. You can never know the full damage done by such statements.

I also agree with Marcy Negative opinions are fine, lets just think of the repercussions and if we hold all the facts before diving in.

Steve
Steve
Founder Member

Postby Gouezeri » Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:37 pm

Further to Steve's good post - though I'm not going to point the finger at anyone in particular - opinions are always subjective unless they can be backed up with facts that are hard to dispute. There's nothing wrong with sharing an opinion, but sometimes its best to say that it is such; it only takes a few seconds to make a post that may remain public for many years. In this case, this is what a number of people have done both positively and negatively. Wouldn't it be boring if we all liked the same stuff!

On the other hand, when making a claim to fact, or with any authority, one has to be prepared to share those facts publicly and if that's not possible then it is worth thinking twice about saying anything at all.

It may also be worthwhile reminding people that not everybody here speaks english as their first or even second language. As a linguist I'm used to reading things carefully, however non-native speakers of any language often jump to conclusions as to an intended tone, whilst in other cases native speakers may be affronted by a perceived abruptness. For those of you who make this effort, all the rest of us should be grateful.
Finally, please do not let this stand in the way of our wonderful forum. Much of the wealth of TMC comes from its varied membership, from a number of different countries in Europe, and their willingness to converse with humour, respect and honesty in a foreign language and I hope that it stays this way!
D
Right, back to Saussure
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby coffeefreak » Fri Mar 18, 2005 9:50 pm

Ivo wrote; Point taken. I will refrain from comments in the future. Truth might sometimes be harsh. Like education. BTW I only expressed my surprise. My apologies if I made unfounded comments , it might of course be after all that there are 2 parcels of Nepal Himalaya coffee on offer in Holland. 1 old and 1 fresh.

Ivo, thanks for the apologize.

TMC members, thanks for the support (nice, but not important for me).

Please do not post more messages on this subject.

END OF DISCUSSION

Jan "Coffee Freak" Schuitemaker[/quote]
Coffee roasted or green, it can be plesant or mean.
coffeefreak

Previous

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping