Two more sets of cupping notes on the reviews section.

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Two more sets of cupping notes on the reviews section.

Postby phil » Sun Nov 16, 2003 9:12 pm

Just did a pukka cupping for two of the Sweet Maria's Kenyans. I roasted these yesterday.

I can't say I wax as eloquent as Tom Owen. I reckon I need to spend more time browsing my copy of Ted Lingle's cupping book. In the mean time please can you guys let me know what you think of my three efforts so far - you've all been rather quiet on the subject. Did I do that badly?

To save you browsing through the menu hierarchies, here are links directly to the reviews :

Mbwinjeru - Auction Lot 705
Kihenia - Auction Lot 389
Last edited by phil on Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phil
Founder Member

Postby phil » Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:27 am

Footnote - the Kihenia is totally different this morning in my usual morning press-pot (usual until I get my espresso machine back that is - can't be long now :roll: ).

This morning not only do I not get the spiciness, I don't get as much red wine either. Maybe I need to take this bean just a tad lighter. If I'd had my thermometer on Saturday when I roasted it would have been easier to pitch the next roast, but as it is I'll still be guessing.

I guess I should re-write the cupping review. It's still a nice coffee though, just a bit more muted.
phil
Founder Member

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping