Which blend are you currently drinking and what is your fav.

Tell us about the latest beans you've discovered and blends you've tried

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby MKSwing » Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:05 pm

phil wrote:Stephane, (surface) shipping from the US can take quite a long time these days. There's still a good chance your shipment is not lost.

This is what I force myself to think but everyday makes my hope fade away.
Stephane Cataldi
Coffee keeps your spirit levels high !
MKSwing

Postby phil » Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:31 pm

My last shipment from Sweet Marias took over 2 months, and in your case Christmas may have slowed things down too. Keep hoping my friend.
La Spaziale Spazio 2 group semi-auto

La Spaziale Lusso grinder (espresso),
Macap MC4 shop grinder (brewed coffee)
Three Thor tampers
Two Hottops, first since Feb 2003
No partridge, no pear tree either
Conas, Zassenhaus hand grinder....
phil
Founder Member

Postby PeterAG » Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:47 pm

Hi
Peterborough was mentioned ealier, does anyone have any details at all please?? Its only a one stop train journey for me so I am interested in attending, not to enter but to see it.

regards
Dualit 84009
Dualit Grinder
Heat Gun Roaster

><>
PeterAG

Postby mattmills » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:14 pm

I will keep you posted, as there have been some discussions regarding London and Peterborough Heats..... however,
50-54 Ivatt Way, Ivat Way, Westwood Business Park. Peterborough. PE8 6LB....
But i will say do not make any plans just yet as we are sorting numbers out.... could do with some more interest.... if anyone is, do not worry it will not be a high profile event, as we are really looking for someone with potential.
mattmills

Postby RobC » Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:33 pm

Ahhh, Matt is Mills Junior I Presume? I hope your Father is keeping well, we met once (I think) but it could have been more in passing - my memory is fading with age...

I recognise the address - I would Love to make numbers but fear too much training people rather then "real" cutting edge experience has dulled my shot pulling ability. Beside which I feel these competions are more suited to those who really do practise the art on a daily basis. TMC feedback on the Barista championships would be nice, my own impression is year by year the leaning is more to complicated Signature drinks which the espresso just plays a small part?? As I have never attended this could be misguided, workload has dictated that I only have reviews of these events to base my judgements on - where actually attending one to see the action would perhaps provided a more rounded view?
Long forgotton Tech and Coffee Equipment guru.
Twitter: @c0ff33a
As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I take a look at my life and realise there's none left 'Cause I've been brassing and laughing so long that Even my mamma thinks that my mind is gone
RobC

Postby mattmills » Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:11 pm

My Father is very well thank you, RobC... ? what does that stand for?

You should give it a go, it will be low key at our event.... so do not worry too much.
The emphasis is actually on the espresso, and cleanliness, and consistancy... really have a go, it should be great fun and the marketing potential for the contestants is huge.

Check out the site below.... it even has the score sheet, and if you have any questions, i would be more than happy to talk you through.

www.ukbaristachampionships.co.uk
mattmills

Postby RobC » Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:59 pm

Matt,

Need to keep my identity a secret, can't really have people reading all my vague random posts on here, it wouldn't be good for business! Needless to say Yorkshire, Surname begining with C, then think small...bought there.

Unfortunately, you mentioned cleanliness up there, that rules me right out. If I pause for too long while walking along a street people start throwing coins at my feet.
Long forgotton Tech and Coffee Equipment guru.
Twitter: @c0ff33a
As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I take a look at my life and realise there's none left 'Cause I've been brassing and laughing so long that Even my mamma thinks that my mind is gone
RobC

Postby tisri » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:10 pm

phil wrote:Stephane, (surface) shipping from the US can take quite a long time these days. There's still a good chance your shipment is not lost.

I've got family in the US so sending stuff back and forth is pretty common-place. In my experience airmail usually takes 2-5 days but can be as much as three months. Items sent surface mail can be as quick as 3-4 days, usually take about three weeks but can take up to five months.
I wish I were what I was when I wished I were what I am.
tisri

Postby tisri » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:12 pm

Back to the original topic I recently blended 60g Kenya AA, 30g Mysore and 15g Ethiopian Mocha Djimma. When it was used up 2 days later I doubled the quantities. I also tried mixing Kenya AA with Mysore in roughly equal proportions with fairly pleasing results.

When I've used up my roasted beans I'm going to try blending Brazilian Fazenda Cachoeira with Ethiopian Mocha, maybe with a bit of Monsoon Malabar thrown in for some earthiness.
I wish I were what I was when I wished I were what I am.
tisri

Postby simonp » Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:39 pm

I've recently been drinking a home roast post-roast blend:
30% Brazilian (Cachoeira) 30% Columbian (La Manuela) 30% Sulawesi (Kalosi) 10% Etheopian Harrar, and somestimes add 5-10% Quality Robusta.

Very nice smooth mix, gives a fantastically thick, dense crema.
Profitec 700 dual boiler
Isomac Rituale
Mazzer Mini
Mahlkonig Vario
Chemex
Aeropress
2 Bodum press pots
Hottop updated to a B with Compuetr control
Imex roaster, dimmer mod on heater (under spare bed)
Rival popper, with split motor and dimmer mod on heater (retired)
simonp

Previous

Return to Beans, Blending and Cupping