Victor 86B Issue

Roasters and roasting

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Victor 86B Issue

Postby Delghisallo » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:33 pm

Hi,

I've just joined Too Much Coffee, so firstly hello!!

I have recently bought a Victor 86B to use in conjunction with my coretto and RoastLogger. All the instruction manuals are in Chinese so not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but when I connect the meter via USB to my laptop, the laptop recognises that a new device has been plugged in and on first plugging in it looked like a new driver was installed.

However when I try and connect through Roastlogger I am not getting any data transmitted (I have tried pressing the RS232 button). I also tried to connect and transmit data through the Victor software, but get an "open device failed" error.

I also tried the above on a second laptop and had the same issue.

I have tried to contact Victor but my email must be on the slow boast back to China, as I have not received a reply!

As anyone on the forum any ideas or experienced similar?

thanks in advance

Gareth
Delghisallo

Re: Victor 86B Issue

Postby bruceb » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:00 pm

I still haven't bought a Victor yet so I can't help you, but perhaps GreenBean will show up and share some thoughts with you about the problem. Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby GreenBean » Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:33 am

Hi Gareth, welcome to TMC :D I am sorry to hear about your problem with the Victor 86B multimeter. RoastLogger does not require any driver installed to communicate with the Victor 86B. Over the years a few users have been supplied with faulty meters. The fact that yours is not communicating with RoastLogger or the manufactures own software confirms that it is faulty. I suggest you contact the supplier rather than the manufacturer and request a replacement.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby Delghisallo » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:39 am

Thank you Bruce and Greenbean for your help

Gareth
Delghisallo

Postby jazzleg » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:04 pm

Hello All,

I'm also new here. Recently started home roasting using Behmor 1600 Plus.

I recently purchased Victor 86B, but I also cannot to get it to work with RoastLogger. When I connected the multimeter via USB, it is displayed in Device Manager under category "Ports (COM & LPT)" and the name is "Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge (COM3)". Is this normal?
jazzleg

Postby lewisli » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:40 am

Hi all,

I purchased a Victor 86B and would like to start my home roasting with RoastLogger. However, yet to successfully connect the Victor 86B with RoastLogger. Here is the details:

Environment:
1. Windows 10 (x64)
2. Java SE Runtime Environment 8u211
3. RoastLogger version 2.4.0 stored under folder "My Document" as recommended.
=> RoastLogger is launched successfully.

Connecting Victor 86B:
Case 1: USB plug in PC without any driver installation
=> Vicotr 86B is not success to connect to RoastLogger by clicked "USB HID DMM's" and the following message is keep in waiting

Attempting connection to: C:\Users\Lewis Li\Documents\RoastLogger-ver-2.4.0\HID\USBHIDReader_Win.exe
Windows version 1.6 of USB HID Reader for use with Roast Logger
Copyright T R Coxon (GreenBean TMC) 2009-2011
This program reads data from up to 2 of the following in any mix:
Tenma 72-7712 or Uni-T UT322, Victor 86B or 86C.
Please connect the device and start communication .....

Case 2: USB plug in PC. Victor 86B Driver is installed.
=> Victor 86B is well connected to Victor program (DMMDataCollector), waveform of temperature is shown with reasonable values.
=> Victor 86B is not success to connect to RoastLogger by clicked "USB HID DMM's" and the same message above is keep in waiting
=> In Trial & Error, by clicked "Serial DMM's" and set center309 with (9200 N81), data is received...but value is not reasonable. (e.g. 67855 degree....)

No luck as well, when I try to connect Victor 86B to a Mac book by USB under "USB HID DMM's"

Any recommendation about solving this issue? Please help....
lewisli

Return to Roasting - Equipment and Techniques