19th Century Roasters

Roasters and roasting

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

19th Century Roasters

Postby richjh » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:06 am

My wife told me to get a hobby. She said it had to be hard to find and not take up much space. So I bought my 1st coffee roaster on eBay 30 years ago. I now have acquired a collection of over 60 roasters. The rarest is my British TUPHOLME Patent No. 4970 April 4, 1887 salesman coffee roaster which is on my site, http://www.oldcoffeeroasters.com/tupholme.htm. It can be held in the palm of your hand. I have concentrated on Patent roasters. I have a large collection of US patent roasters 1830 to 1890.
Rich
Palo Alto California
richjh

Re: 19th Century Roasters

Postby richjh » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:12 pm

Would like to post some pictures. How is this done with our editor?
Rich
richjh

Postby bruceb » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:30 am

That would be great! If you look down below while editing a new post you will see two "filing cards," one marked "Options" and the other marked "upload attachment." If you click on the second you have an option to search for files (e.g. pictures) and then upload them. They will appear below your text. You can view before submitting by clicking on "Preview."
Impressive pictures on the website! Thanks for sharing these.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby annekatie » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:00 pm

It should be better to have some photos. Really interesting topic that I am curious on. :)
annekatie

Postby Annajaden » Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:04 am

Its nice to know the technique of roasting..
Annajaden

Return to Roasting - Equipment and Techniques