HotTop video

Roasters and roasting

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

HotTop video

Postby bruceb » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:12 am

I still have not replaced the element in my CoffeeTech Maggiolino roaster, so I did a few roasts using my old HotTop in the kitchen. More as a test of my new little "action cam" I made a video of the roast here. The video is not for TMC members, but mostly for people who have no idea how coffee is (or can be) roasted at home, so don't expect to learn anything from it (except maybe how not to make a video).
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Re: HotTop video

Postby GreenBean » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:54 am

Just had a quick look at your video, Bruce. Your home looks wonderful and you seem to have taken on a huge task with further improvements, I am not surprised that you have not found the time to replace the heating element in your Magiolino. It is good to see you still have the old Hottop to cover such emergencies :wink:

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Return to Roasting - Equipment and Techniques