Stronghold S.Trinita

Roasters and roasting

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Stronghold S.Trinita

Postby cofeeed » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:33 am

I have seen this pop up on social media through Sang Ho Park of Square Mile. Not a great deal of information out there about it, but some high tech looking roasting kit born out of Korea. ' The world's first smart coffee roasting machine'!

Looks like its aimed at home and professional roasters alike. Doesn't give much of an indication as to specs and availability yet.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Promo vid:
https://player.vimeo.com/video/52825247 ... portrait=0
8-cup Chemex - 2-cup V60 - Aeropress - Tiamo Hand Grinder - Hario pouring kettle
cofeeed

Re: Stronghold S.Trinita

Postby bruceb » Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:49 pm

Strange, I also received an "offer" from them, with no details of the machine or price, a few days ago. It sounds rather strange.
then, just this morning I received this:

Dear Manager Owner,
How are you? We have long time no contact. Hope everthing goes on well with you.
We contacted before for coffee roaster machine. Now we have new design type with high quality but cheap price. 1kg only for 2500usd,3kg 3500usd.
If you are still interested you can contact me freely and we can send you more machine catalogue pictures and parameters . Waiting for your kind furhter reply.
Have a nice day!

The e-mail address is to "amy" and Amy is in Tianjin, China.

I guess it's interesting that coffee roasters are becoming main-stream enough that Asian manufacturers are getting involved.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Re: Stronghold S.Trinita

Postby Tongle » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:32 pm

I get the distinct impression that someone has been watching Hasbean videos here!

Reminds me of one of the selling points of my Fender Mustang guitar amp in that you can download preset tone patches (e.g. want to sound like Hendrix, Young, Leifson here are the patches......), or make your own and upload them to share with others. It works well.

Bet this is well out of my price range, but sounds interesting.
Chemex
Behmor 1600 roaster
Oomph coffee maker
Cona syphon
Aeropress
V60 (02)
Baratza Encore grinder
Hario Skelton Pro hand grinder
Tongle

"

Postby bruceb » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:43 am

Having done some research on this I can only come to one conclusion. The company is not yet ready for International sales. At the moment any interest you might have in it will require that you are fluent in Korean. Even English "FAQ"s are answered in Korean. Google translation is not bad, but that is not what you depend on for International trade. There is only the one video available in any language other than Korean. I think it will be a good while before we will know a lot more and at the moment I am guessing a final price has not yet been established. The capacity of 100 t0 800g is certainly interesting from a home roaster's aspect, but again, it is too soon to know how this is going to take off. I wonder whether Steve has anymore information on this.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Return to Roasting - Equipment and Techniques