Cafe Gene UK spares

Roasters and roasting

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Cafe Gene UK spares

Postby misalda » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:50 am

Hi all,
I have an old (circa 10yrs I think) Gene cbr101. One of the small rings holding the chaff scraper to the chamber seperator has snapped. Two questions, where can I get spares in the UK. and is the chamber seperator retained in any way or is it just a push fit?
Fracino Cherub, Eureka Zenith 65E, Cafe Gene Roaster, Aeropress, Napoletana.

Too much power is impossible!!
misalda

Re: Cafe Gene UK spares

Postby bruceb » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:27 am

misalda wrote:Hi all,
I have an old (circa 10yrs I think) Gene cbr101. One of the small rings holding the chaff scraper to the chamber seperator has snapped. Two questions, where can I get spares in the UK. and is the chamber seperator retained in any way or is it just a push fit?

Bella Barista is official importer, I think. Try them.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Re: Cafe Gene UK spares

Postby GreenBean » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:05 pm

bruceb wrote:Bella Barista is official importer, I think. Try them.

+1 Bella Barista will be able to help you.

I seem to remember that the manufacturer recommends that you do not remove the chamber separator but many people do. Some seem to be a tighter fit than others. I tried to remove mine once but did not succeed, it was very tight and my courage failed me. Luckily, in my case, that was before I damaged the chamber :)

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

RE: Re: Cafe Gene UK spares

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:53 pm

Yes Bella Barista will certainly have whatever you need :)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Return to Roasting - Equipment and Techniques