[WTB] Gene Cafe or Behmor

Roasters and roasting

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

[WTB] Gene Cafe or Behmor

Postby robotsanta » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:41 pm

I've just moved to Ireland and want to start getting into roasting as a hobby but I'm finding it amazingly difficult to find sites selling 220V roasters. Does anyone here know of a reputable website selling them new or used or want to sell their old (working) unit?
robotsanta

Postby GreenBean » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:18 pm

Hi robotsanta, welcome to TMC :D. You have just missed the sale of a used Behmore on TMC. If you are looking for a used machine then I can only suggest you keep an eye on the various coffee forums. They do become available occasionally as users upgrade to a better roaster. For a new machine, the Gene Cafe is sold by Bella Barista and Pennine Tea & Coffee in the UK. The Behmore is not currently sold in Europe as far as I know. Other machines such as the Hottop and Quest M3 are also not currently sold in Europe. People generally import these machines themselves.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby bruceb » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:57 pm

Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Return to Roasting - Equipment and Techniques