Roasting with Huky 500

Roasters and roasting

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby CakeBoy » Thu May 21, 2015 6:13 pm

You may need to PM him Pete as he has not dropped in for a while. Used to enjoy BV's posts :)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Re: Roasting with Huky 500

Postby motoman » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:18 am

No sign of my Huky 500T yet, in preparation I have seen my local bottle gas supplier who will deliver a Propane tank when required. I do have a large Wok burner on my gas cooker that may do the job for me but cannot make up my mind until I have the Huky here.
I am looking for a source of buying a length of 63.5 mm flexible exhaust hose for smoke clearance, any advice here will be appreciated.
I do sometimes roast with the Behmor on my front step, this absolutely baffles my neighbours. They think I am an evil witch, we are a trifle backwards in this neck of the woods.

It is good to be back again..................................
La Valentina Levetta
Mazzer Mini
Huky 500T
Bodum s/s Press Pot(Covered in dust)
Mokka, Vietnamese Press and other pots(unseen since I fell in love with La Valentina)
motoman

Postby GreenBean » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:17 am

motoman wrote:...It is good to be back again..................................

And it is great to see you back again, Pete :D I hope your Huky arrives soon, you must still feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. I can not help with your quest for exhaust hose hopefully others will be able to advise.

motoman wrote:....They think I am an evil witch, we are a trifle backwards in this neck of the woods.

It's the broomstick that does it, Pete. You could at least keep it hidden from the neighbours :?

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby motoman » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:11 am

Just had an email from Mr Li, the Huky was posted on 5th July, checked the Tracking No and found it is already in Coventry and the dreaded Customs is playing with my mind. Hopefully it should be here and emptying my wallet in a couple of days.
La Valentina Levetta
Mazzer Mini
Huky 500T
Mokka, Vietnamese Press and other pots(unseen since I fell in love with La Valentina)
motoman

Postby dr.chris » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:12 am

I am hoping that was June and not July otherwise you may be waiting for a while
Iberital L'anna / Mazzer Mestre/ Iberital tamper
dr.chris

Postby GreenBean » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:33 pm

dr.chris wrote:I am hoping that was June and not July otherwise you may be waiting for a while

I guess it is easy to get months mixed up when you are so excited about the imminent arrival of your new toy :D

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby motoman » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:59 pm

Too true, I did get the date wrong and when Customs release it you will all get a virtual pint each.
La Valentina Levetta
Mazzer Mini
Huky 500T
motoman

Postby CakeBoy » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:49 pm

Damn, it's June already? Oh well, back to the muffins! :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby motoman » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:27 am

It seems that Customs has released it to Parcel Force this morning, it is marked as Express 24 but I doubt if it will be here before Monday. Duty has been paid so I expect the Post Office to add their own little chunk of readies, this is to ensure they show a profit after losing other peoples parcels (self included). Contributions gratefully received (No Muffins).
La Valentina Levetta
Mazzer Mini
Huky 500T
motoman

Postby GreenBean » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:21 pm

motoman wrote:It seems that Customs has released it to Parcel Force this morning, it is marked as Express 24 but I doubt if it will be here before Monday...

With Parcel Force, I am not sure if Express 24 means within 24 hours or 24 months, Pete :? :wink:

Just kidding, I bet it arrives in the morning :D

GreenBean

Postby CakeBoy » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:53 pm

Good old Parcel Farce! :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby motoman » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:09 am

Tracking now tells me that Chuky, nee Huky, is residing in the Shrewsbury office awaiting payment. As I had to do a lot of searching to find the UK Tracking number, the Post Office changed it on arrival in to the UK, I presume that they will now send a letter asking for money before it leaves the sorting office. I will attempt to phone them shortly to see if I can assist in the removal of digits from orifices.
La Valentina Levetta
Mazzer Mini
Huky 500T
motoman

Postby GreenBean » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:22 am

Good luck. The suspense is almost unbearable :wink:

GreenBean

Postby motoman » Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:04 am

Finding the right number to call is not easy, there are so many press button 1,2,or 3 that it is easy to cock it up and start again. I finally got the Parcelforce number that is not published on their website and found that I have to pay the duty before they will consider delivery. I coughed up £157.69 after several more button presses and was told to expect delivery on Tuesday. Three days from Taiwan to UK, eight days from Coventry to Bridgnorth. When Rowland Hill reformed the post office in 1837, they used horse drawn stagecoaches to deliver the mail, a bloody sight faster then I think.

I will pick up my gas bottle and valve on Monday, if need a connecting hose, we have enough shops catering to the farming community to cover this. The hunt for a 2.5" exhaust hose goes on, so I will be entertaining the neighbours with my early attempts on the front step. I will try to photograph this momentous event for your edification.

For those who do not know, Chuky was a homicidal doll driven to kill. I do hope I am not using certain kitchen utensils when my parcel arrives.
La Valentina Levetta
Mazzer Mini
Huky 500T
motoman

Postby Steve » Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:44 am

Keep the faith nearly there :)
Steve
Founder Member

PreviousNext

Return to Roasting - Equipment and Techniques