Roaster possibilities?

Roasters and roasting

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby stevenzaat » Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:35 pm

Marcy,

Is Ok. You can also come before Newyear, maybe next week after Sinterklaas or just in the evening. I roast 3 times a week, so there are enough opportunities. I was also sick for the last 3 weeks, so maybe there is another virus going on at this site :|

For roasting in my opinion Kenneth Davids book suites best, although you will miss pictures and too much pages are used for the description of all the equipment with a lot of repeating information. The other book of Susan Sanders is a disaster and will not help you. It even has a lot of mistakes in it, e.g. that arabica beans contain more caffeine than robusta beans!

Ok anywau please let me know when I can help you.

Steven

Best regards,

Steven
La Marzocco GS/3 with a Mini Mazzer Electronic (version B) for my espresso/cappuccino

Solis Maestro grinder for my french press vacuum brewed coffee, Hottop roaster, Cona D coffee brewer and a Bodum French Press.
stevenzaat

Postby Beanie » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:22 am

Thanks again, Steven. Of course, for your generosity, I'll order some greens to bring over :D Any bean types you definitely do NOT like, preferences? Do you usually get your supply from the "only online green... supplier in NL"?

Actually, with some luck, I might be in Vienna next week for a few weeks. I'll PM you for possible days.

Thx,
Marcy
Beanie

Postby Joey » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:39 am

Hey, Marcy - when you are over here...you can get enough greens here if you can wait ;-)
(for those who don't know - I am not advertising here, I'll have Marcy at my shop for a nice while for collective training >lol< - so looking forward to it >grin<
anyway - you'll get greens and hopefully we can get my roaster to gossip some hints about them ;-)
Bring an extra empty suitcase!

Joey
"Latte" is french for "you've paid too much for your coffee"
Joey

Postby stevenzaat » Mon Dec 13, 2004 9:33 pm

Marcy,

I have still enough green beans in stock so you can choose whatever you like and maybe we can try some from Joey if she's got any special beans. I hope you will enjoy your stay in Vienna and will hear from you when you will be back in NL.

Best regards,

Steven
La Marzocco GS/3 with a Mini Mazzer Electronic (version B) for my espresso/cappuccino

Solis Maestro grinder for my french press vacuum brewed coffee, Hottop roaster, Cona D coffee brewer and a Bodum French Press.
stevenzaat

Previous

Return to Roasting - Equipment and Techniques