Ooops... it seems the hand ordered a Behmor.

Roasters and roasting

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby GreenBean » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:56 am

Sounds like an interesting project Zix. :D I can not really help you as I have no experience with the Behmor but I am sure others will have attempted such modifications in the past. If you search the usual forums I expect you will get lots of ideas. This one caught my eye as a simple approach that may be worth considering:

http://www.sweetmariascoffee.com/forum/ ... =14&t=2309

Obviously any such modification would be defeating the built in safety features and would be at your own risk.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby zix » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:00 am

I had a look at that one - should have said thanks for the link earlier on, but... Thank you now, anyway.
I think I would like to bypass all the heat controlling electronics instead - but to keep the cooling phase. Don't know if it can be done.
In that mod they sort of take the logic out of play by giving it a smack in the head, but like a knocked down gangster, it can come back and bite you if you look the other way. I would rather see the delinquent put to rest indefinitely.
‹• Bezzera B3000AL • Strietman ES3 • Chemex • Cona C size • Aeropress • Vev moka • Bialetti Brikka • Espro • Cezve • Bacchi Espresso • Arrarex Caravel •
• HG-1 • Lido 1 & E-T • OE Pharos •
• oven • hot air gun • Behmor •›
zix

Postby GreenBean » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:09 am

zix wrote:.....I would rather see the delinquent put to rest indefinitely.

Probably wise. :wink:

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Previous

Return to Roasting - Equipment and Techniques