Help: Insulation for samiac 5/7kg gas/drum roaster

Roasters and roasting

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby wacchimacchiato » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:56 pm

Not to sure about the drum fire, with a low charge weight perhaps it gets the job done quicker. I kind of like the idea of seasoning the roaster with coffee oil rather than soot. I intended to just roast a couple of dark batches in ours before trying the coffee, but lost control of the first couple of roasts anyway!

Yeah, I think I'm gonna give the fire a miss! I'd be interested to hear from anyone who's tried it though! I have read about it somewhere but can't remember where at the moment and I think the idea was that the fire got rid of all/any debris/muck from the drum and the previous seasoning and allowed for a new seasoning. My first couple of roasts ran away to and the first one certainly was not far from fire and that was after about 8 minutes! Steep, steep learning curve!
La Cimbali Junior D/1, Mazzer mini A, Cimbali cadet, Bizerba (Ditting) 903, sozen Turkish x2, Aeropress, Cafetiere's, Chemex, Stovetop(s), Bravilor novo2, Siphon TCA-5, Ibrik, Porcelain single cup filters, vitnamese filter, Turbo Crazy, Genecafe, Samiac GE 7/5 kg
wacchimacchiato

Postby GreenBean » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:36 pm

Very impressive work Craig. I can not see any shoddy painting it looks very good on the photos 8) :D

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Previous

Return to Roasting - Equipment and Techniques