ECM PCB prob?

Roasters and roasting

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

ECM PCB prob?

Postby Hipponax » Sun May 29, 2011 7:02 pm

Ive got a lovely little ECM raffaello A2 (not megaline) about 8 years old - the steam release valve stuck today (which it has done a bit recently) and of course the steam head on the boiler sprayed out lots of water inside the machine -Ive checked the cable between the PCB and the touch pad - all seems hunky-dory - the pcb is also not soaked - the trouble is, the touch pad is now completely unresponsive unless I switch the machine off and on again and then its only responsive for about 10 secs - this doesnt make drawing a shot impossible but i was wondering whether anyone had any ideas or whether theres a reboot possible of the PCB?

Ive tried reprogramming the touchpads after just switching the machine back on but it isnt held in the memory - PCBS are over 250 quid which is more than the machine cost so if anyone has a quick fix please let me know

Cheers
ECM Raffaelo A2 Classic I
Rocky Rancilio I Reg Barber Concave I
BRITA on mains filtration I
a small kitchen I
a very very very understanding fiancee
Hipponax

Re: ECM PCB prob?

Postby GreenBean » Tue May 31, 2011 8:55 am

Edit: Removed answer to this post as it is a duplicate post, also covered in the Espresso section, and has been resolved.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Return to Roasting - Equipment and Techniques