Random green bean bits and pieces free to good homes!

Roasters and roasting

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Random green bean bits and pieces free to good homes!

Postby anette » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:09 am

Hiya'll,

this is a bit weird I'm sure but we're shifting bits and pieces around at the roastery and I need to get rid of a bunch of leftover green samples. They vary in age from 2006 (!) to this harvest, and I might try and keep certain bits separate and blend other bits if it makes sense to do so. Anyway I'd really like to give them away if anyone wants some greens to play with, season a roaster, experiment with profiles..... The older greens will obviously not taste great but might still be useful for someone?

Free on collection from the roastery so if you come by you can rifle through and choose what you'd like, sorry really can't post out anything as swamped with the day to day!
anette

RE: Random green bean bits and pieces free to good homes!

Postby Gouezeri » Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:14 am

Cheers Anette,
I'll make this a sticky for the time being, could you let us know when you've managed to shift Jim.
:wink:
Cheers
D
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby motoman » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:23 am

Not trying to hijack Anette's post but I do have my old Gene to give away, still working even if it is showing signs of age (Bit like Dom). Anyone fancy it will have to collect as packing it for posting will be difficult. Living close to the West Midlands would make it easier.

So there you have it, free GREENS from Anette and free roaster from Pete GREEN.
La Valentina Levetta
Mazzer Mini
Huky 500T
Bodum s/s Press Pot(Covered in dust)
Mokka, Vietnamese Press and other pots(unseen since I fell in love with La Valentina)
motoman

Postby darrensandford » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:40 am

Where in the west midlands? I am in Cov, and am more than a little interested! :)
darrensandford

Re: RE: Random green bean bits and pieces free to good homes

Postby Gouezeri » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:08 am

motoman wrote: still working even if it is showing signs of age (Bit like Dom).

Hey, you'd be amazed at the work I had done over the summer! :wink:
If we're in the process of giving things away... if somebody would like to adopt a Cakey, 2 careful owners, some signs of wear, relatively house trained, will do tricks for biscotti.
Gouezeri

RE: Re: RE: Random green bean bits and pieces free to good h

Postby darrensandford » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:37 am

Doesn't sound like a good idea. Imagine the carnage that would result if someone accidentally dropped a choc-chip muffin!
darrensandford

Postby GreenBean » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:40 am

anette wrote:Free on collection from the roastery so if you come by you can rifle through and choose what you'd like, sorry really can't post out anything as swamped with the day to day!

That is a fantastic offer Anette.:shock: This is the first time in my life that I wished I lived closer to London.:wink:
Gouezeri wrote:If we're in the process of giving things away... if somebody would like to adopt a Cakey, 2 careful owners, some signs of wear, relatively house trained, will do tricks for biscotti.

Ahhh ... we are not going to fall for that one Dom. Anyone who takes him will be saddled with the astronomical bill for baked goods, hardly a free offer. :D

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby darrensandford » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:18 pm

darrensandford wrote:Where in the west midlands? I am in Cov, and am more than a little interested! :)

Oops - just saw your location under that little ant. Obviously the distraction was too much for my brain to cope with :oops:

If it is still available, I am definitely interested in it. My wok works well, but sometimes I would like to give my right arm a rest. Wait, maybe I should rephrase that...
darrensandford

RE: Re: RE: Random green bean bits and pieces free to good h

Postby motoman » Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:31 pm

Give me a PM Darren and I will get back to you.
La Valentina Levetta
Mazzer Mini
Huky 500T
Mokka, Vietnamese Press and other pots(unseen since I fell in love with La Valentina)
motoman

Re: Random green bean bits and pieces free to good homes!

Postby JulieJayne » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:15 pm

anette wrote:Hiya'll,

this is a bit weird I'm sure but we're shifting bits and pieces around at the roastery and I need to get rid of a bunch of leftover green samples. They vary in age from 2006 (!) to this harvest, and I might try and keep certain bits separate and blend other bits if it makes sense to do so. Anyway I'd really like to give them away if anyone wants some greens to play with, season a roaster, experiment with profiles..... The older greens will obviously not taste great but might still be useful for someone?

Free on collection from the roastery so if you come by you can rifle through and choose what you'd like, sorry really can't post out anything as swamped with the day to day!
If I buy something from your current offerings, could you stick the old greens in with it? Sadly there is no chance that I could get across the Channel this year.
Espresso: BFC TCI Lira.
Grinders: Eureka Mignon (2), Mahlkonig Guatemala,
Roaster: Gene Cafe.
Retired... Cimbali Junior, Cimbali Alinox.
JulieJayne

RE: Re: Random green bean bits and pieces free to good homes

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:36 am

I am ignoring this thread ...... besides the RSPCA are currently trying to re-home me.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

RE: Re: Random green bean bits and pieces free to good homes

Postby motoman » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:38 pm

I don't think they have a cage big enough to transport you mate.
La Valentina Levetta
Mazzer Mini
Huky 500T
motoman

Re: RE: Re: Random green bean bits and pieces free to good h

Postby GreenBean » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:34 pm

CakeBoy wrote:I am ignoring this thread ...... besides the RSPCA are currently trying to re-home me.

motoman wrote:I don't think they have a cage big enough to transport you mate.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

RE: Re: RE: Re: Random green bean bits and pieces free to go

Postby Gouezeri » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:47 pm

Safest place for him!
Gouezeri

RE: Re: RE: Re: Random green bean bits and pieces free to go

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:53 pm

Damned bars spoil my Ribena sun tan ...... chuck us a cake :roll:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Next

Return to Roasting - Equipment and Techniques