RoastLogger with USB & webcam input

Roasters and roasting

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

An update of RoastLogger is available

Postby GreenBean » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:21 pm

An update of RoastLogger to version 2.4.0 9/6/2016 is available to download. This update makes the changes necessary to allow for the move of the RoastLogger website. Please note that it is necessary to download this update manually as the RoastLogger Updater in version up to 2.3.9 will not work as it is linked to the old website which is now closed.

For further information or to download please see the following version information and the RoastLogger website.

Version 2.4.0 9/6/2016

This update is issued to correct all URL links to point to the new RoastLogger website. The only change in functionality is the update of the included RoastLogger Updater (to version 1.2) which now connects to the new site to download updates and has improved error handling. All other changes are simply to correct links provided for information in RoastLogger including the help about, help contents and readme documents.

This version has to be downloaded manually by clicking on the RoastLogger.zip link on the downloads page. If you are currently using version 2.3.9 then it is suggested that there is no need to download this version. When any future version is released you can download that manually instead.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Re: RoastLogger with USB & webcam input

Postby bruceb » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:02 pm

Thanks very much GB! Sorry you had this trouble with your provider. We always appreciate your efforts with the Roastlogger. :D
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

An update of RoastLogger is available

Postby GreenBean » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:56 am

An update of RoastLogger to version 2.4.0 25/6/2016 is available to download. This update contains a new version 1.3 25/6/2016 of the RoastLogger Updater. This is intended to fix an issue with executable permissions for the USB HID readers not being set correctly in some operating system versions. This only affect users reading USB HID devices via the DMM tab who found that, after an update, they could not run the relevant USB HID reader without manually setting the execute permission.

Only the Updater is changed in this update so the RoastLogger version remains as 2.4.0. If you do not use a USB HID device connected via the DMM tab or do not have a problem connecting to it then there is no need to download this version.

For further information on how to proceed if you are affected by this issue please see the RoastLogger website and in particular the updates page.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby AnnaJ » Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:43 pm

Oh my god, thank you for this! I never knew a thing like this existed. Thanks!!
AnnaJ

Postby bruceb » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:09 am

AnnaJ wrote:Oh my god, thank you for this! I never knew a thing like this existed. Thanks!!

This is the best thing that happened to us small-time roasters! :D
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby Calf_Fiend » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:45 pm

Tom - the other day I went to update RoastLogger and it failed. I was unaware at that point that you had changed Internet providers. My first concern was that something unfortunate had happened to you. My second thought was "What the heck will I do now because RL is such a big part of my life.". It is a sad comment about human nature that we often don't truly appreciate something or someone until they're gone. I'm not trying to be maudlin. Each week my sixteen year old son spends a couple of hours with me roasting coffee -- we use your software coupled to a Hottop. The prize is good coffee; the treasure is our time together. He is dsylexic and your software enabled his visualization of the process. How does one say "thank you" for this properly??? All I can think of is to wish you peace, health and prosperity my friend! Gregg
Calf_Fiend

Postby GreenBean » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:41 am

Thank you AnnaJ, Bruce and Gregg, it is always great to hear from people who are enjoying using RoastLogger :D

Gregg, the occasional post or email with a heartwarming story such as yours makes all the effort on RoastLogger worthwhile. I can not think of a better way to say thanks than that.

GreenBean

Postby alwrjp » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:46 am

I'm thinking of getting a Hottop KN-8828B-2K+ and running it from a Windows 10 machine.

Hopefully I can just plug a USB cable into the HT and configure RoastLogger.

Is that correct?

thanks
Andrew
alwrjp

Postby GreenBean » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:19 am

alwrjp wrote:I'm thinking of getting a Hottop KN-8828B-2K+ and running it from a Windows 10 machine.

Hopefully I can just plug a USB cable into the HT and configure RoastLogger.

Is that correct?

thanks
Andrew

Hi Andrew, I am sorry but that is not correct. For various reasons, including concerns over product liability, I decided not to provide RoastLogger support for the Hottop KN-8828B-2K+.

GreenBean

Postby GreenBean » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:20 am

For personal reasons I have decided that I will not be able to provide online or email support for RoastLogger for the remainder of this year. The RoastLogger website will remain available and provides sufficient information to help resolve most issues.

I have locked this thread to avoid further questions building up and remaining unanswered.

GreenBean

Previous

Return to Roasting - Equipment and Techniques