Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

has anyone seen this?

Postby Slimboyfat » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:38 pm

http://shrunk.net/97e74619

apologies if someone's already posted about it

regards
Slimboy...

...never knowingly underfed

expobar pulser, quickmill 031, Reg Barber Radical Pro US curve, Koenigbot, aerobie, armour plated welded 1910 hybrid german whirley, several french presses, antique nepolitana, an old stovetop, Zassenhaus that smells of pepper and a hoover attachment colander/cooler thing
Slimboyfat

RE: has anyone seen this?

Postby CakeBoy » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:23 pm

Interesting. Anyone know anything about these? :)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby bruceb » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:55 pm

Well, if you think about it a moment you will have to realise that there is no escape for chaff, there is no provision for removing the smoke and the advert says you will enjoy the irresistable smell of freshly roasted coffee throughout your house. Of course, roasting almonds and grilling steaks with it are definitely positives. :twisted:
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby jackson » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:21 pm

Hello Bruce, Cakey and Slimboy,

This is a cheap China product,
I don't mean all products made in China are cheap.
But I have searched their main online shopping website.
99.999% espresso products could not compared with Western ones until this minute.
Except the cups, I mean the mid-low price products.
Thanks for sharing.
1971-Olympia C67, 78 Oly Club, Compak K-10 WBC.
jackson

Postby Ordo.dk » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:09 am

I've stumbled upon it before, even tried to email superverbimmler (lol?), but received no answer. I tried scouring the net for reviews or just plain opinions, alas to no avail. If you see his history/feedback there are lots who has purchased this. I seem to remember someone writing something less than positive about it wrt coffee roasting.
Bottom line is, I stopped considering it. Even though it's only 70 EUR. I'd be interested in hearing from someone here who has tried it, though! :)
Any technology distinguishable from magic, is insufficiently advanced.

Nuova Simonelli Oscar
Macap M4 Micrometric Doserless
Hottop
Imex CR-100
Some cool tamper
Bodum Antigua (for plunger)
Ordo.dk

Re: RE: has anyone seen this?

Postby BazBean » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:13 am

bruceb wrote:Well, if you think about it a moment you will have to realise that there is no escape for chaff, there is no provision for removing the smoke and the advert says you will enjoy the irresistable smell of freshly roasted coffee throughout your house. Of course, roasting almonds and grilling steaks with it are definitely positives. :twisted:

MY big morning Smile ... complete ... :lol: :lol:
Thank you
Knowledge can be absorbed, but passion cannot be taught !

La Spaziale S5,
La Spaziale EK 2 Group
k30 mahlkonig
Mazzer Jolly, Futurmat , MC 5 Iberital,
Brasilia RR, Macap Deli Grinder.
A growing Tamper collection
(Plus my own playground for the above- A Shop)
BazBean

Re: RE: has anyone seen this?

Postby Slimboyfat » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:11 pm

bruceb wrote:Of course, roasting almonds and grilling steaks with it are definitely positives. :twisted:

do you think it will do all three at once?

a plate of fresh roasted almonds, a nice steak and a good cup of coffee and only one drum to wash up afterwards

the almonds and the steak would be smoked of course and surely the juices would soak up all the chaff?

...never knowingly underfed

expobar pulser, quickmill 031, Reg Barber Radical Pro US curve, Koenigbot, aerobie, armour plated welded 1910 hybrid german whirley, several french presses, antique nepolitana, an old stovetop, Zassenhaus that smells of pepper and a hoover attachment colander/cooler thing
Slimboyfat

Return to Roasting - Equipment and Techniques