Behmor

Roasters and roasting

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby Steve » Fri May 09, 2008 9:26 am

don't want to say too much as this isn't the place, but there is movement as a 220-240v machine is on its way to me for testing. Will keep you posted as best I can.

I'm hoping to meet with Joe in the next month or so to work the final prices out, there has had to be some adjustment to the machine for the CE rating that will make it a little more expensive, but as long as the $ stays as weak as it is, I think Joe wants to play fair.

(Disclaimer I am not in any way connected with Behmor, but I am talking to them)
Steve
Founder Member

Postby motoman » Tue May 20, 2008 7:04 pm

Errrr Steve, in order to talk to someone you DO have to be connected in one way or the other.

I used to have the pound for dollar hate syndrome but it is partly explained by customs charging import duty on the shipping as well as the item. in effect we pay four times with shipping, shipping duty, import duty and VAT, all before we pay for the item. I found this out when I imported various items including the Gene. CE Certiification will eventually be updated at the manufacturing stage and cut out any post engineering.
La Valentina Levetta
Mazzer Mini
Huky 500T
Bodum s/s Press Pot(Covered in dust)
Mokka, Vietnamese Press and other pots(unseen since I fell in love with La Valentina)
motoman

Postby Steve » Tue May 20, 2008 7:07 pm

Ok I just wanted to clarify, I'm not selling then yet, we are talking to them but nothings signed there is no done deal as yet. But I am working closely with Joe to hopefully bring this to market.

Its true the import and VAT and all the other "extras" make it so expensive. Luckily Joe has sat down and let me explain all these extras unlike Hottop and Gene who really didnt grasp I had t pay these costs or go to prison.
Steve
Founder Member

Postby espressomattic » Wed May 21, 2008 7:37 am

But you're used to prison Steve ;)

Does the Behmor work upside down by the way??? If you want to know, give me the nod.... :)
espressomattic

Postby Steve » Wed May 21, 2008 6:56 pm

espressomattic wrote:But you're used to prison Steve ;)

Does the Behmor work upside down by the way??? If you want to know, give me the nod.... :)

I am used to prison after spending 9 years inside

I'll roast upside down and let you know Matt ;)
Steve
Founder Member

Postby CakeBoy » Wed May 21, 2008 10:36 pm

Should never have let you out big boy ;) :lol:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby espressomattic » Thu May 22, 2008 12:55 am

Steve i appreciate that, i would hate to buy one and it not work :p

Apparently he got time off for good behaviour...
espressomattic

Postby motoman » Thu May 22, 2008 10:22 am

If you have seen the road blocks and police searches going on in Staffordshire you would not be so shure that Steve's freedom was due to good behaviour.

My own idea of upping the heating elements on my clothes dryer will probably get no further that the drawing board stage.

Proboably a good idea as I have little clue about electrigamy, positron, negawotsit and google earth hurt my head.
La Valentina Levetta
Mazzer Mini
Huky 500T
Bodum s/s Press Pot(Covered in dust)
Mokka, Vietnamese Press and other pots(unseen since I fell in love with La Valentina)
motoman

Previous

Return to Roasting - Equipment and Techniques