Alpenrost servicing

Roasters and roasting

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Alpenrost servicing

Postby PeterAG » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:53 pm

Hi
Does anyone know where I am able to get hold of Alpenrost servicing kit and spares please.
My Alpenrost has done sterling service for about 2 years but now the vent flaps at the rear of the unit will not open automatically, this could just be because the coffee oils residue have bunged up where it is impossible to clean. or the solenoid(?) is bust

Happy Christmas one and all

Peter
Dualit 84009
Dualit Grinder
Heat Gun Roaster

><>
PeterAG

RE: Alpenrost servicing

Postby Steve » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:18 pm

These guys below are the UK importers they maybe able to help

http://www.mwmf.co.uk/
Steve
Founder Member

Postby bruceb » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:18 pm

I have never heard of spares for the Alpenröst, but I'm sure they must be available somewhere. I took mine completely apart, soaked all of the door parts in oven cleaner, removed about a cubic metre of chaff and the roaster worked perfectly again...until the electronic board died and I moved on to an HT. I don't think you need to replace parts, you just need to clean them well. You'll need a special Torx-TR driver (2.5 mm tamper-proof with a hole in the middle) to take the shell off (some of the screws are located under the rubber feet!) and then it's relatively straightforward. The Alpenröst needs a thorough cleaning after 50 or 60 roasts depending on how dark you roast and what kind of beans you're roasting.

If you need more detailed help pm me. I have some pictures of the disassembly procedure somewhere.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby RobC » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:02 am

If you get it apart and need spares then PM me, sadly the designer of this roaster decided to make it non servicable, which kind of makes it pointless when it stops working.
Long forgotton Tech and Coffee Equipment guru.
Twitter: @c0ff33a
As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I take a look at my life and realise there's none left 'Cause I've been brassing and laughing so long that Even my mamma thinks that my mind is gone
RobC

Postby PeterAG » Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:08 pm

Thank you very much indeed for all of your comments, I am now waiting for a Wiha screwdriver from Germany to attack it with.
Dualit 84009
Dualit Grinder
Heat Gun Roaster

><>
PeterAG

Return to Roasting - Equipment and Techniques