Best way to home roast without spending 150 pounds?

Roasters and roasting

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby Chrisweaver » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:24 pm

im in ashdod which is about an hour from Tel Aviv, however tonight ive been drinkin wine from Galil ha ha!! I've never had coffee with cardamon here, however, they have a really good coffee scene in Israel, imagine my suprise finding a cafe who roasted their own beans!! It was heaven, until i threw a latte, espresso and machiatto down my neck in quick sucession, all doubles ha haa!

I cant wait to get home and try these roasting methods, i've been a reader on the site for awhile but not a member, so its cool to finally get some posts out! where are you guys from?
Chrisweaver

Postby lukas » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:31 pm

Hm. My heatgun broke down (too much plastic) the last time I used it. Both methods can produce a nice coffee. I haven't done many roasts with but I think with the heat gun it's more difficult to roast lighter and longer; beans that like it darker are a bit easier to handle. From the taste perspective I can't really tell as I haven't done any comparisons I can remember ... I just know that I have enjoyed coffee and espresso from both methods.
Lukas

This week I like my coffee luke-warm.
--
Newest kit: Ghibli R-15
lukas

Postby espressomattic » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:34 am

The WP gives a really good taste profile and a real depth to the bean. IMHO I think the roast/taste produced by the WP was so damn superior to the Gene.

I miss my Whirley :(
espressomattic

Previous

Return to Roasting - Equipment and Techniques