RIP - GENE Roaster

Roasters and roasting

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby bruceb » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:42 pm

I haven't owned one myself, but a lot of our members here have them and as far as I can tell the Gene doesn't have any worse of a break-down rate than other appliances. One can always have bad luck, there's no guarantee against that. I just did my 250th roast in a HotTop and have never had a problem with it, but I know there are owners who have had to replace the heating element more than once.

I'm sure the community of Gene owners will soon come swooping down to rescue the reputation of their favourite roaster. :wink:
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby espressomattic » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:31 pm

Mine was a 2005 model and these it would appear are a bit naff. The later models, especially this years seem OK. However, I would personally go for a HT now after seeing both in action. But hey, the choice is yours.
espressomattic

Previous

Return to Roasting - Equipment and Techniques