New Coffee Roast Database – multi-platform version

Roasters and roasting

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

RE: Re: RE: New Coffee Roast Database now available

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:06 am

GB that is fantastic news, thank you so much. It will be fantastic to use with the Pinhalense. It's a great resource and hugely kind of you to share it. At some risk of overstatement ..... I love you! :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby GreenBean » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:07 am

Gosh guys, you are making me blush :oops:. I know many people on here are Windows averse which is the main reason I decided to use Java for the new version. It is very regrettable that Apple are dragging their feet and have still not issued Java SE 6 on general release two years after it was available for Windows , Linux and Solaris. They do have a version for 64 bit Intel based Mac’s running OS X 10.5.4 and later. I have not been able to test the program on any Mac’s. If anyone out there has such a machine I would be eternally grateful if you would try the program on it and let me know how it goes.

Oh and Cakey, now that you have declared your love so openly :? I would like to ask you a favour. I would be grateful if you would change the title of the sticky to “New Coffee Roast Database – multi-platform version” or something similar.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:11 pm

Consider it done :oops:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Gouezeri » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:43 am

CakeBoy wrote:Consider it done :oops:

Eh? Doesn't look done to me :P
Gouezeri

Postby CakeBoy » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:25 am

Waheeeeey ....... welcome back! :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby Gouezeri » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:38 am

Well, someone has to tidy up after you... and longer than a week, things start to get messy around here :P
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby CakeBoy » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:42 am

Gouezeri wrote:Well, someone has to tidy up after you... and longer than a week, things start to get messy around here :P

It was fine when I last looked. Thank goodness you came back to save my slack backside!

... 'and' don't forget to correct your sentence above, we don't want 'any' confusion ;) :P :lol:
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby GreenBean » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:42 pm

At last an answer to the old “how many moderators does it take to change a title” conundrum. Seriously though thanks guys. :D

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby Gouezeri » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:01 pm

I'm sure that Mark and I could work the answer out to that one, if either one of us could do maths :lol:
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby CakeBoy » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:29 pm

Errr, one, two, four, fifteen ....... {whisper} Dom, Dom, is this okay so far? {/whisper} :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby lukas » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:16 pm

Greenbean, thank you so much for this! Your software is awesome. I did two roasts with it (during the second the thermocouple died but so what) and it really makes it easy to compare profiles and visualise what's going on. I'd love to dig into the source code - for one, because I always wanted to try Java programming when I knew vim better, and also because my java skills are quite lacking nowadays :)
Lukas

This week I like my coffee luke-warm.
--
Newest kit: Ghibli R-15
lukas

Postby GreenBean » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:59 am

Well you have made my day Lukas :D. I am delighted that you find the program useful. Java is also new to me. It’s multi-platform nature has always been enticing but it is only recently that I think the average users processing power is sufficient to use it without noticeable loss of performance.

GreenBean

Postby EricC » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:25 am

Hi GB,
I have only just found this absolutely superb program that you have written. many thanks for making it available to all on TMC. I have a question that I hope you can help with.
I am running a MacPro 2 x 2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon with 4 GB of Ram the OS is 10.5.5.
The problem is that when I double click on CoffeeRoastDB.jar it shows the launch window, which says "Loading please wait" and then it just crashes.
Do you, or any of the other Mac users on TMC have any idea as to what may be wrong?
All the Best
Eric
KvdW Speedster, Versalab M3/4, Kafatek Monolith MAX
EricC

Postby CakeBoy » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:28 am

I think it's Apple and Java Eric ........ :(
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Postby EricC » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:47 am

CakeBoy wrote:I think it's Apple and Java Eric ........ :(

Hi Cakey,

I checked the Java installed on my machine and it all conforms with the read-me requirements. :roll:

I hope someone has the answer as it does appear to be an extremely handy piece of software.:D

Besides if Steve [AKA HasBean] is using it, it must run on a Mac, as, as far as I know that is his prefered platform.:wink:

All the Best
Eric
KvdW Speedster, Versalab M3/4, Kafatek Monolith MAX
EricC

PreviousNext

Return to Roasting - Equipment and Techniques