Monsoon Malabar is cursed

Roasters and roasting

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby tisri » Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:05 pm

joey wrote:
phil wrote:You can blame Joey for that one. I've got more but haven't got around to putting them up yet.

Bring them on, Phil! You won't regret it :lol:

BTW, I took a pic from this Indian Monsooned Malabar which is roasted to perfection. I love this coffee. It has a nice creamy body. If I would homeroast one, this would be a color reference for me....

Good luck!
joey

I'd just like to say that I didn't roast mine this dark. Just in case I'm seen as a one-trick-pony :D
I wish I were what I was when I wished I were what I am.
tisri

Postby zix » Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:41 pm

FWIW, my Monsoon Malabar roasts look the same as the picture Joey sent (the way it looks on my monitor anyway ;-). Thanks Joey!). If I get it right, that is, but then I roast a lot of aged beans, both this one and Old Brown Sulawesi and Old Java so I have gotten used to them by now.
Anyhow, same darkness, same evenness for me as in Joey´s picture. Roasted with the heatgun+bowl. The trick for me is to dare to keep roasting even though it looks bad to begin with (the first 10-15min. of a 20 minute hg roast). The beans even out at the end.
‹• Bezzera B3000AL • Strietman ES3 • Chemex • Cona C size • Aeropress • Vev moka • Bialetti Brikka • Espro • Cezve • Bacchi Espresso • Arrarex Caravel •
• HG-1 • Lido 1 & E-T • OE Pharos •
• oven • hot air gun • Behmor •›
zix

Previous

Return to Roasting - Equipment and Techniques