grinding manually

Roasters and roasting

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

grinding manually

Postby moccafaux » Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:12 pm

http://www.manufactum.de
In the lower left corner is a square "suchen". Write "kaffeemühle" and have a lok at the last of three shown.
I dont know why someone would want to grind manually, but if I had to do it, this would be my tool.
chocolate+-----__0
coffee=-------- \ >;
myfuel------- (_)/(_)

Postby michel » Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:45 pm

You mean this one (I add the picture for everybody who - like myselve - does not know how to make an ü ...)
And yes, it really looks great... (a bit like the sewingmachine my grandmother used...).
Attachments
kaffeemühle.jpg
kaffeemühle.jpg (19.67 KiB) Viewed 11818 times
michel

Postby Sunnyfield » Fri Jan 02, 2004 7:06 pm

I have some of these in my torture chamber! ;)
La Marzocco GS/3, Elektra Nino, Feima 800N solid drum gas roaster
Sunnyfield
Founder Member

Postby michel » Fri Jan 02, 2004 7:09 pm

Hhmmm :?
Last edited by michel on Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
michel

Postby moccafaux » Sat Jan 03, 2004 11:13 am

Thanks Michel, thats how I wanted it and couldnt do it.
chocolate+-----__0
coffee=-------- \ >;
myfuel------- (_)/(_)

Postby DrZeus » Sat Jan 03, 2004 12:01 pm

Why would somebody want to grind manually? Because, like me, they don't wish to spend the money on a good electric burr grinder due to the fact that they don't know where they might be living 5 years from now. :)
DrZeus

Postby Sunnyfield » Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:13 pm

Michel, what happened to your pervert comment!? I am disappointed now! :lol:
La Marzocco GS/3, Elektra Nino, Feima 800N solid drum gas roaster
Sunnyfield
Founder Member

Postby michel » Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:56 pm

I've changed it Eward...
I quit smoking for 5 day's now and don't know anymore what to say and how to say it... I'm confused having so much energie... :shock: :shock:
Attachments
adhd.jpg
adhd.jpg (8.5 KiB) Viewed 11789 times
michel

Postby Raf » Sun Jan 04, 2004 11:32 am

michel wrote:I've changed it Eward...
I quit smoking for 5 day's now and don't know anymore what to say and how to say it... I'm confused having so much energie... :shock: :shock:

Cigarettes or cigars? I quit smoking cigarettes 3 and a half years ago, and I'm feeling a lot better now. I don't even miss it. Ever. Don't believe the stories about wanting to start again: they're just not true. I'm a firm anti-smoker these days.

I allow myself one Cuban a week, and that's more than enough to satisfy my smoking needs. Hang in there, Michel! After five days, the worst has passed. And be sure to drink a lot of water and orange juice.
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby DrZeus » Sun Jan 04, 2004 12:08 pm

I'm confused...you're a firm anti-smoker and you don't ever miss it, however you allow yourself one cigar a week to satisfy your smoking needs?

Isn't that a bit contradicting? :)
DrZeus

Postby Raf » Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:23 am

Nope.

Cigars are not "smoking" (even my life insurance confirms this - "if you smoke one cigarette a month, you are a smoker. Cigars and pipes do not count" - and you know how insurance companies are). You don't inhale cigar smoke as you do cigarette smoke. The smoke produced by a cigarette is to a fine cigar what Nescafé is to a lovingly prepared espresso made with freshly roasted beans. Geddit ;) ?

And I'm not addicted to them, like I was to cigarettes. I should add that I didn't start cigars until I was well off the cigarettes - a year or so later - so there was no danger of getting addicted to the nicotine again.
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby DrZeus » Mon Jan 05, 2004 8:50 am

Yeah, that makes sense. :) Does that mean cigars arent' bad for your health, since you don't inhale them? By the way, I'm what's called a "social smoker" -- I'll smoke when I'm out with friends having drinks, but otherwise I don't. Actually, I might on occasion...there have been times times when I feel like I'd like one, but I just don't.
DrZeus

Postby michel » Mon Jan 05, 2004 9:14 pm

Neku wrote:Cigarettes or cigars? I quit smoking cigarettes 3 and a half years ago, and I'm feeling a lot better now. I don't even miss it. Ever. Don't believe the stories about wanting to start again: they're just not true. I'm a firm anti-smoker these days.

Cigarettes Neku... And I'm going through some sort of hell, with my head in some sort of cloud, while mental pain is killing me...

So your words are supporting, and I hope it won't take much longer before I also don't miss it anymore!

Thanks,
Michel
Attachments
wolkje.jpg
wolkje.jpg (12.96 KiB) Viewed 11759 times
michel

Postby Raf » Tue Jan 06, 2004 8:33 am

I know about the hell: I was seriously ill for a week when I stopped. You have to think: if this is what cigarettes do to you, you're better of without them, right? I was actually really pissed off at those tobacco firms for getting me hooked on something that has such withdrawal symptoms.

Raf
Founder Member

Postby Steve » Tue Jan 06, 2004 9:49 pm

I've been stoped smoking for three years now and have recently started having a crafty few ciggies :( its hard keeping off now for me.
Steve
Founder Member

Next

Return to Roasting - Equipment and Techniques