IMEX CR100 parts

Roasters and roasting

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby simonp » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:28 pm

Hi,

Strange :? Is the inlet under the roaster clear?

Sorry, don't have a part no. handy, but the temperature rating should be marked on the fuse.
Profitec 700 dual boiler
Isomac Rituale
Mazzer Mini
Mahlkonig Vario
Chemex
Aeropress
2 Bodum press pots
Hottop updated to a B with Compuetr control
Imex roaster, dimmer mod on heater (under spare bed)
Rival popper, with split motor and dimmer mod on heater (retired)
simonp

Postby simonp » Mon Dec 12, 2005 12:31 pm

I just looked through my old thread on this and found this " also notice that the thermal fuse is 227C whereas on the old one it was 216C". That should help find the one you need. If I get time later, I'll have a look for a prt no.
Profitec 700 dual boiler
Isomac Rituale
Mazzer Mini
Mahlkonig Vario
Chemex
Aeropress
2 Bodum press pots
Hottop updated to a B with Compuetr control
Imex roaster, dimmer mod on heater (under spare bed)
Rival popper, with split motor and dimmer mod on heater (retired)
simonp

Postby Muzorewa » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:37 pm

Result!!

Please excuse the hiatus :oops:

Blocked three of the eight vent slots off and it now gets plenty hot enough, in fact I reckon about as hot as it was originally supposed to do based on the results below:

Green - El Salvador Everest

Pre-mod, 25 minutes

Post-mod, 10 minutes

8)

Coffee was, erm, strong :D
Muzorewa

Postby GreenBean » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:08 pm

Welcome back Muzorewa and congratulations on solving your problem. :D What made you go back to it and try again after a seven year break?

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby Muzorewa » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:32 pm

Well I'd done some repair work to something entirely unconnected the previous day with the philosophy that it's either going to fix it or break it - and if it breaks it it didn't work anyway. So contemplating the morning brew I thought about the roaster - and the same philosophy applied. It was either that or ready-ground :shock:

I'm going to try again with a bit less foil in the vents, the flow was restricted (and the exhaust air speeded up) to the point that a fair few beans ended up in the chaff collector, further blocking the vents - could have been a recipe to meltdown.

I'm pondering a new roaster but of course they're not cheap, even cheap ones if you know what I mean. I'm sure the CR100 won't last too much longer so I'll have to think of something else. Unless I do them John Wayne style on the hob :lol:
Muzorewa

Postby GreenBean » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:31 pm

Muzorewa wrote:...with the philosophy that it's either going to fix it or break it - and if it breaks it it didn't work anyway.... It was either that or ready-ground :shock:.....

That sounds sensible to me. :D

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby CakeBoy » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:06 pm

Nice one, well done Muzorewa :)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Muzorewa » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:20 am

Well it's blown up again, heater element kaput again. I've contacted Imex over another replacement, from memory there were many voltage options available and until I dismantle the machine I can't remember what I ordered but maybe it was never right.

In the meantime, oven-roasting can be fun :D
Muzorewa

Postby Muzorewa » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:03 pm

Yet another temporary repair done to the heater, for the moment it's working better than ever.... :shock:

Muzorewa

Previous

Return to Roasting - Equipment and Techniques