New Roaster on the market?

Roasters and roasting

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

New Roaster on the market?

Postby Beanie » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:36 pm

Have a look here: http://i-genesis.co.kr/rosto/

Be sure to watch the video. I can't quite understand the readings and the quality of the vid could be improved.

Otherwise, looks like a very interesting machine, with a digital or manual input version... can see all the beans throughout the roasting... didn't see any smoke in the vid (hmmm)... could have sworn I smelled it though :wink:

So, who's going to be the first?
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

New Roaster On The Market

Postby coffeefreak » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:53 pm

Wow, this looks cool :shock:

Depends on the price of this roaster. Send out already a mail with price request. Keep you informed when I receive the Info.

Jan "Coffee Freak" Schuitemaker
Coffee roasted or green, it can be plesant or mean.
coffeefreak

Postby Beanie » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:17 pm

Hi Jan,

I believe it's around the $200 mark per unit for 200 units per order. I found that info somewhere and can't find the link back. I thought it was on alibaba... but can't find it now.
This week, I'm mainly recovering :DAll I've got is my Aerobie AeroPress | 70's Aurora/Brugnetti HX Spring Lever | Mazzer Mini E & SJ (on loan) | Hottop | Nestor Martin (Toto) Gas Roaster | Eva Solo | Moka Pots
Beanie

Postby Steve » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:46 pm

I've got a demo version on the water to me at the moment, I also belive phil has one on the way (or nearly on the way). Initial thoughts are it looks good.

steve
Steve
Founder Member

Postby zix » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:59 pm

Rather early first crack for a drum roast, eh? around 12 minutes... A hot air drum roast? It looks like that to me, how else could they get the heat flowing horisontally.
Interesting thing! And a very good animation showing how it rotates.
‹• Bezzera B3000AL • Strietman ES3 • Chemex • Cona C size • Aeropress • Vev moka • Bialetti Brikka • Espro • Cezve • Bacchi Espresso • Arrarex Caravel •
• HG-1 • Lido 1 & E-T • OE Pharos •
• oven • hot air gun • Behmor •›
zix

Re: New Roaster on the market?

Postby MKSwing » Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:05 am

It has a lower noise level than the Hottop ? :shock:
Stephane Cataldi
Coffee keeps your spirit levels high !
MKSwing

Postby ivdp » Sat Mar 05, 2005 1:33 pm

Sellers price idea is equal to Hottop pricing.
He told me he wil be sending me a sample modell.
Will report once received.

Ivo
KvdW Idro - M K30
ivdp

Postby Raf » Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:19 pm

I'm curious, although I'm not sure I'd pay 500 £ for it. It says 'radiant heat', versus 'direct heat' for the HotTop (in the comparison table, where it also states that the HT doesn't have a cooling cycle btw). Anybody know what the difference is supposed to be?
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby Beanie » Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:50 pm

Raf wrote:....where it also states that the HT doesn't have a cooling cycle btw).

Funny... I read that as the opposite... meaning HT uses a cooling system rather than the beans cooled via normal air (I read as room temp) .

Hmmm... hope that made sense.

M
Beanie

Postby matts » Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:58 pm

What amazes me is the amount of research and effort that has obviously gone into this (nice design, real evaluation of the competition), how many units do they need to shift to make any money at this?

Does anyone have any idea how many Heathwares have been sold in the US for instance to give some idea of the market size?

Matt
matts

Postby Raf » Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:19 am

No idea, but I heard that the HT business is rather brisk.
This week I am eagerly anticipating the first god shots from my La Spaziale machine....

La Spaziale S1, Vibiemme Domobar (retd), Mazzer Mini Electronic, Behmor 1600 230V
Raf
Founder Member

Postby motoman » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:24 pm

There seems to be some durability problems that need ironing out. At lease that is what I was told when I asked when mine would be sent from Korea. A bit worrying as I have paid $160.00 plus $290.00 for UPS and when it arrives I will probably be stung by customs and UPS charges over here. I got mine by requestion a sample machine for evaluation but I advise any other prospective customers to wait until us mugs have received and evaluated our machines. Final cost will put it in the Hottop league so performance must at least match it and hopefully improve on it.
motoman

Postby Steve » Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:50 pm

I think there are problems getting it to production ( I think they are trying to get a load of orders together to justify production). I think the final price may be inbetween the hottop and I roast. I'll let you all know when I know more
Steve
Founder Member

Postby HughF » Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:44 am

They're inaccurate about the HotTop in other respects (on their "Remarks" page). The roast cycle is 17-21 minutes, the bean load is 250grams not 225 (suits HB's metric quantities but not SM's Imperial) and I have a VERY hard time believing that the HotTop is 75dB noisy, 60dB seems more like it to me. There's just a quiet swishing noise from the beans sliding around the drum, the machine itself is extremely quiet.

Cheers,

Hugh
Grinders : Macap MXK conical for espresso, Mahlkoenig Vario for Chemex, Macap MC6 (spare when our office was closed) for cafetiere, Zassenhaus Knee Mill for cafetiere when working away from home.
La Spaziale Vivaldi S1 espresso machine. HotTop KN8828P roaster. Chemex manual drip for most brewed coffee plus cafetieres and eSantos.
HughF

Postby simonp » Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:08 pm

They also show the Hottop as having no cooling :shock: what do they think the big tray with the rotating arms is for then!
Profitec 700 dual boiler
Isomac Rituale
Mazzer Mini
Mahlkonig Vario
Chemex
Aeropress
2 Bodum press pots
Hottop updated to a B with Compuetr control
Imex roaster, dimmer mod on heater (under spare bed)
Rival popper, with split motor and dimmer mod on heater (retired)
simonp

Next

Return to Roasting - Equipment and Techniques