I-Roast review

Roasters and roasting

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby DrZeus » Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:51 pm

Perhaps we should contact Hearthware about making the iRoast auto-sensing so it can work with both 110V and 220V. You know, like my electric razor? :) Then I could keep it when we move back to the US!
DrZeus

Postby Steve » Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:32 am

Interesting phone call yesterday.

After phoneing the UK distrbuter last week they phoined me back again and this person seemed to know what they were talking about (its a first for these guys)

Apperantly there are no more presisions available in the UK, and there are no more being made. The I roast SHOULD, come out in the UK the same time as the states. They are importing them for definate. Price I dont know, date I dont know, is it going to be any good, I dont know.
Steve
Founder Member

Postby DrZeus » Thu Dec 11, 2003 9:04 am

Thanks for the info! Apparently, those in the U.S. who pre-ordered it are now receiving them. I think Tom had said that there are still some tweaks being made, so I'm not certain why they're shipping already (unless it something to do with keeping their promise of "in time for the holidays," which isn't a good enough reason if the product isn't good enough).

I still think that a 110/220 version should be made. :) Do you think a voltage converter would work (220 to 110)? I just hate to get one here, and then have to spend the money again later -- of course, there very well could be a better roaster out by then. *grin*

Thinking out loud (strange territory, I know)...
DrZeus

Postby Sunnyfield » Sun Dec 14, 2003 10:42 pm

Despite the frequency difference 60Hz vs 50Hz in Europe, I suspect a transformer is all you need.
La Marzocco GS/3, Elektra Nino, Feima 800N solid drum gas roaster
Sunnyfield
Founder Member

Previous

Return to Roasting - Equipment and Techniques