Behmor giving up

Roasters and roasting

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Behmor giving up

Postby sicinius » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:27 pm

Been very happy with this bit of kit. I tend to roast two lots of 14oz when it comes out of its cupboard and see if we can make them last 10 days. I don't think I could get used to roasting coffee more frequently.

But the motor is starting to complain and the seals around the door are giving up after 10 years of mistreatment.

Now retired so the days of unlimited coffee equipment budgets are behind me. There are a lot of new roasters from the far east in the results of Google searches. Are any of them any good? I'll have to replace it with something. I'm not going back.
Isomac Zaffiro, Eureka Mignon, Isomac Gram Macinino, Aeropress, Stovetop espresso, various Moka stovetops, 3 cafetieres, 50's glass Cona. Behmor 1600.
sicinius

Re: Behmor giving up

Postby CakeBoy » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:15 am

Am interested in the same question. You are seriously not having a lot of luck with the boiler and now this.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Return to Roasting - Equipment and Techniques