Automatic filter machines

French Press, Vac Pot, Drip or any other - air your views and results

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Automatic filter machines

Postby alalsacienne » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:28 am

Hello all,

A friend is after a machine that will make him decent coffee in the morning on a timer, so it's there when he wakes up. I've never come across a good filter machine which will do this, still less a bean-to-cup espresso machine, but wonder if anyone else could recommend one?

Thanks!
alalsacienne

Re: Automatic filter machines

Postby GreenBean » Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:50 am

Hi alalsacienne, welcome to TMC :D The Behmor Brazen Plus is on special offer in the Members’ Clubroom at the moment. It is definitely worth a look.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby bruceb » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:02 am

There are some good machines from Technivorm in the Netherlands. We had one (with a thermos jug) at work and connected it to a digital clock timer. Using my fresh home roasted beans freshly ground the evening before it made quite acceptable morning coffee -some would say exceptional 8) -. It will be interesting for us to learn about your experience, whichever way your friend goes.

After writing that I looked more closely at the Behmor Brazen and I must say that it looks like an excellent machine, and what's more it has a built in timer. You're probably best off with that (and Steve's a good bloke :lol: ).
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby Steve » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:13 am

Brazen also has a timer, although I've not used it
Steve
Founder Member

Postby bruceb » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:15 am

Steve wrote:Brazen also has a timer, although I've not used it

I just edited my post and made a note of that as well. :D
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby alalsacienne » Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:19 pm

Thank you both very much for those suggestions! I'll pass them on and let you know how it goes.
alalsacienne

Return to Other Brewing Methods