Washing porlex grinder in the sink?

French Press, Vac Pot, Drip or any other - air your views and results

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Washing porlex grinder in the sink?

Postby jon » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:38 pm

My porlex grinder was getting a bit mucky, so I've given the stainless steel grinds-holder a quick wash in the sink. I'm trying to decide about the bit with the burrs in, though - reckon washing this with water and Fairy is a bad idea? Or a good way to get it clean (I normally just wipe the bits clean).
jon

Postby GreenBean » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:02 pm

I guess the concern with washing would be the possible effects on any parts that are not stainless or ceramic and subject to rust or if any lubricant is used that could be washed out. I do not know if either of these applies but I think it is very unlikely. If the grinder was mine I would wash it but minimise any risk by dismantling it as far as possible to make it easy to dry it thoroughly after washing and ensure that it got a quick wash only to minimise any effect on any lubricant.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Return to Other Brewing Methods