NOW SOLD - Hario TCA-5 vacpot / siphon and accessories!

French Press, Vac Pot, Drip or any other - air your views and results

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

NOW SOLD - Hario TCA-5 vacpot / siphon and accessories!

Postby triptogenetica » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:33 pm

Hi all -

I've finally decided i could sell my spare TCA-5. It's the big one, the 5 cup model, which Square Mile etc don't stock. I find this a perfect size for sharing (between 2 or 3), or very usable for 1 if you like a mug of coffee!

It's in perfect condition, only used once! Like i say, it's a spare - i have another which I use day to day. It has the burner, hario measuring spoon, and cloth filter with it - these have all never been used. The box is a bit tatty, but the contents are all perfect, looking brand new.

Selling because I need the space and the cash, to be honest!

Would like £75 for it, delivered. If you're within 40 miles of Oxford, let me know and I could maybe bike-courier it to you. If you can collect, that would be even better!

It'd make a fantastic gift for a coffee person, or even just for yourself! Thought I'd offer it here, as i know someone on TMC could get the best from it! :)

James.
Bezzera BZ35 (ex Gaggia Carezza)
Grinders - Iberital MC2, Bezzera BB105, Hario Skerton
Aeropress, Cona C, Hario MCA-5 and TCA-5 vacpots
Beans - Behmor homeroast
triptogenetica

RE: FOR SALE - Hario TCA-5 vacpot / siphon and accessories!

Postby CakeBoy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:39 pm

Stickying. Good luck :D
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Gouezeri » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:37 am

[thread hijack]
Oooh... "bike" courier...? You bike? Details...???? Enough of the cats already... let's talk bikes!
[/thread hijack]
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby CakeBoy » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:42 am

[thread hijack hijack]

Cats! :P

[/thread hijack hijack]
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby triptogenetica » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:24 pm

Um - I cycle, perhaps too much. For transport and for fun and exercise - not competitively. I sort of think bikes have the potential to change the world (not alone, but they're a necessary part of the equation).

Oh, and I do a bit of bike commuting, and weekend cycling. Did my first sportive last Autumn - 100 miles in 6.5 hours, which I was pleased with.

Anyone else on TMC into cycling?
Beans - Behmor homeroast
triptogenetica

Postby geedee » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:35 pm

Sorry about the Thread hi-jack, but if the moderators can do it ... so can I.

TMC= Too Many Cats :wink:
Life's uncertain, eat pudding first!
--------------------------------------
Wega Mini Nova - rotary , plumbed in
Macap 7 grinder
Old Monarch Deli Grinder
Gaggia MDF grinder (for sale)
3 presspots
2 mocha pots
geedee

Postby bruceb » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:57 pm

GeorgeW used to be big into cycling, in any case. So was I, but unfortunately that was back in the dark ages when I was into triathlon and marathons and bicycle racing. I loved biking, traveled over a good bit of the continent on my bike that I built myself out of a Koga Miyata touring frame and Campagnolo shifter, brakes, etc. I found that biking AND running were too much for my knees and my physician made me give up one or the other and I gave up biking (on a more serious level). After I had my hip replacement (unrelated to biking or running) I have not been able to do much biking as I have trouble mounting a bike. I would need to get a ladies bike and my vanity has kept me from doing that. I'm going to find a way this spring, however. I really like biking and I live in a pretty good area for it, too.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby CrimsonScythe » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:53 pm

bruceb: This is very off topic, but what about the newer mountain bikes? Some of those have quite low frames and may be easier to mount. Something like this, perhaps?
Attachments
KONCEPT CARBONs.jpg
KONCEPT CARBONs.jpg (21.06 KiB) Viewed 32870 times
CrimsonScythe

Postby triptogenetica » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:01 pm

I ride a "ladies" bike (stepthrough frame, anyhow) as my everyday town bike! It's fantastically practical. Just a bit heavier and more flexible than a diamond frame. But it lets you cope with panniers and a trailer, which a diamond wouldn't be much help with.

My faster bike is a diamond frame though. :)
Beans - Behmor homeroast
triptogenetica

Postby jossy » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:52 am

Hi James

I would be interested in a TCA-5 as my TCA-3 leaves my office mates wanting more...
However, 75£ is the price new from HasBean (admittedly, it doesn't include
postage, but I can order it when I order greens and the price of postage remains
the same...)

Jossy
Quest M3 - iRoast2 - Mahlkönig Vario - PIDed Gaggia Classic at home - - Electric Cezve/Ibriki and Iberital MC2 at work - Aeroporess - Hario TCA Syphons - Hario Skerton and Porlex Hand Grinders - Chemex
jossy

Postby triptogenetica » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:19 pm

Hi Jossy -

You're quite right! I honestly didn't check Hasbean to see if they sold it, or if so what the price was. I just did a search for "Hario TCA-5", and came up with http://www.sushisushi.co.uk/store/gbu0- ... _TCA5.html who had it at £89.99.

How did I forget Hasbean?!

Anyway - and Steve might be interested to hear this - when I searched "Hario TCA-5", hasbean didn't show up anywhere in the results. And Google should show me Hasbean MORE often, if anything. :?

OK - so that being the case - i could go a bit lower - say £10 off? It's just sitting around in its box here...
Beans - Behmor homeroast
triptogenetica

Postby jossy » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:22 pm

Deal!!

Let's PM the details.

Jossy
Quest M3 - iRoast2 - Mahlkönig Vario - PIDed Gaggia Classic at home - - Electric Cezve/Ibriki and Iberital MC2 at work - Aeroporess - Hario TCA Syphons - Hario Skerton and Porlex Hand Grinders - Chemex
jossy

Postby Gouezeri » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:22 pm

Hmm, wondering if we should create a separate bike thread. (if someone wants to feel free)
I mountainbike and motorbike. Personally more of an XC hardtail fan. I had a bit of a mammoth rebuild last year, changed everything except the frame, seatpost, saddle and cranks... I never worked out the total cost... on purpose :wink:
I know of a few other TMC members that enjoy lycra... I'll leave them to out themselves :wink:
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby jossy » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:13 pm

I've bought this. Please de-stickify... Thanks.
jossy

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:31 pm

Thanks Jossy, will do :)
www.CakeBoy.co.uk

CakeBoy

Return to Other Brewing Methods