Is it possible to buy a Chemex in Germany?

French Press, Vac Pot, Drip or any other - air your views and results

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Is it possible to buy a Chemex in Germany?

Postby Mac-E.Arto » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:01 am

Hi Folks

I post this somewhat hesitantly as I have just read the entire marathon “Chemex: why you should hate it” discourse! So according to some I’m stubbornly thinking of buying a Chemex. Actually it’s more complicated, my mother in law in Germany wants to buy one for me.

I read the answers to can I buy a Chemex in the Netherlands? And wondered if there is now an update and an outlet in Germany she can order from or is (as usual) Hasbean the best option?

Ps after reading the above thread I’d really appreciate simply info on where to buy one.. I’m a staunch filter drinker and couldn’t cope with any more perspectives advising me against the Chemex…it’s meant to be a nice present.

Also no mother in law jokes please....well maybe a few.

PPS
Just for fun by way of advice about the perfect drip coffee - has anybody seen the article in today’s Guardian? How to pour the perfect cup of coffee…….. http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/201 ... e-research
Mac-E.Arto

Re: Is it possible to buy a Chemex in Germany?

Postby bruceb » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:27 pm

Mac-E.Arto wrote:Just for fun by way of advice about the perfect drip coffee - has anybody seen the article in today’s Guardian? How to pour the perfect cup of coffee…….. http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/201 ... e-research

Wow! I'm glad I have a spoon with a long handle to stir the pot. :roll:
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

RE: Re: Is it possible to buy a Chemex in Germany?

Postby icke » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:05 pm

i can't speak for german sources but i live in the south of france and got mine from the u.k.

with regards to ABBA vs long stirring devices: i'm sure there's a formula for the optimal stirring direction, number of stirs and stirring speed, so don't dismiss the mathematicians that lightly.... :lol:
Black KvdW Speedster / Arrarex Caravel / Elektra Nino / Vario / Huky 500 / and a bunch of less frequently used things...
LMWDP #386
icke

RE: Re: Is it possible to buy a Chemex in Germany?

Postby dr.chris » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:57 pm

The problem is often not what the mathematicians say its what the reporters think they say.

Sad to say about a publication which is home to Ben Golding (whose book Bad Science is a wonderful piece of work about this very problem) but I dont read the Guardian mainly because when I do I tend to find its science reporting leaves me foaming at the mouth.
Iberital L'anna / Mazzer Mestre/ Iberital tamper
dr.chris

Return to Other Brewing Methods