Chemex in the Netherlands?

French Press, Vac Pot, Drip or any other - air your views and results

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Chemex in the Netherlands?

Postby Sarion » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:01 pm

Hi everyone!

Some people on the forum are very enthusiastic about the Chemex coffee making method. I thought I'd give it a go, but I can't find where to buy one in the Netherlands! Does anyone have an address where I can find one?

Thanks! :-)
tell me I`m mad
you're a fine one to decide

Izzo Alex Duetto iii, Mazzer Mini E mod A, Gene Cafe, Grindenstein
Sarion

RE: Chemex in the Netherlands?

Postby CakeBoy » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:09 am

Hi Sarion,

Great to see you around :) The only place I have seen the Chemex online is at Steve's, though I don't know how painful the shipping cost might be if you went that route.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby JulieJayne » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:24 am

Shipping to the Netherlands is 9.91 gbp for the small 1-3 Chemex.
Espresso: BFC TCI Lira.
Grinders: Eureka Mignon (2), Mahlkonig Guatemala,
Roaster: Gene Cafe.
Retired... Cimbali Junior, Cimbali Alinox.
JulieJayne

Postby Sarion » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:35 pm

Hi Cakey! I've been lurking for a while now, work has been a bit busy! :-) Still enjoying coffee and TMC though!

I was afraid it would have to be mailed here... A bit worried about it getting damaged in transit to be honest. I will check out Hasbean and eBay!
tell me I`m mad
you're a fine one to decide

Izzo Alex Duetto iii, Mazzer Mini E mod A, Gene Cafe, Grindenstein
Sarion

Postby Rujir » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:22 pm

Sarion wrote:I will check out Hasbean and eBay!

I was solving the same issue just a few weeks ago and it really looks that the only solution is Has Bean. I haven't found any other source in Europe and I was trying really hard. I have already ordered it and now I'm waiting.
Rujir

Postby CakeBoy » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:52 am

Sarion wrote:Hi Cakey! I've been lurking for a while now, work has been a bit busy! :-) Still enjoying coffee and TMC though!

I was afraid it would have to be mailed here... A bit worried about it getting damaged in transit to be honest. I will check out Hasbean and eBay!

There is always that worry with international mailing. I hope you manage to sort something out. The Chemex is sooooo good.
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby JulieJayne » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:05 pm

Sarion wrote:Hi Cakey! I've been lurking for a while now, work has been a bit busy! :-) Still enjoying coffee and TMC though!

Sarion, don't worry about postage. Even if I had the Chemex in stock here in Dordrecht, getting it to you in Amsterdam, would require postage. So long as you are getting it from a reputable seller (like HB) they will pack it securely. Those of us who send things regularly through the post know how they can treat packages. On the other hand many sellers on EBay are less than careful.

Good luck.
Espresso: BFC TCI Lira.
Grinders: Eureka Mignon (2), Mahlkonig Guatemala,
Roaster: Gene Cafe.
Retired... Cimbali Junior, Cimbali Alinox.
JulieJayne

Postby Bonanza » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:35 am

You can purchase them directly from Chemex, just send them an email..

Good luck.
Bonanza

Return to Other Brewing Methods