thermal flask for brew transportation

French Press, Vac Pot, Drip or any other - air your views and results

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby dsc » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:00 pm

Hi guys,

well after two days I have to say I really like this mug. It keeps the beverage hot for a very long time (says 6h on the box, but I think it would be even longer), so I usually just open it up and let it cool down a bit. The insides are stainless and the cap is plastic with a rubber/silicone seal (both HQ) which in my opinion doesn't alter the taste of the coffee . There's no hole in the cap so you have to unscrew it completely to drink which is fine with me, sort of like a metal container with a screw on lid. The size is 380ml which is a bit more than a bigger mug, more than enough to keep sipping for 2-3hours and it stays hot/warm for the duration which is great. It's also very well made and even though it's produced in China it's done to very high standards so there's nothing to worry about. Overall I think it's a really nice item and I'd recommend it to anyone planning to bring coffee to the office.

So far I tried both drip and FP filtered through a paper filter in it and the taste was very similar to the stuff coming straight out of the filter.

Regards,
dsc.
"This week I are mostly...trying to build a grinder..."

Mahlkonig Guatemala for FP/drip, Elektra T1 for sale, Gaggia Classic in progress
dsc

Postby shm » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:12 am

I bought a Primus thermos flask from an outdoor shop last week and it's crap. The coffee I make in the morning is lukewarm 2 hours later. This is with pre heating with boiling water and all that as well.

I think I will try to get hold of a Sigg mug since it seems to work better. This is the worst flask Ive ever encountered at this price - £13 for a 350ml (12oz) flask.
stuff
shm

re

Postby dsc » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:51 am

Hi,

yeah definitely give it a go, you can buy them of ebay or straight from Sigg.

Regards,
dsc.
"This week I are mostly...trying to build a grinder..."

Mahlkonig Guatemala for FP/drip, Elektra T1 for sale, Gaggia Classic in progress
dsc

RE: re

Postby shm » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:59 am

Think I'll get one from sigg directly. Most of the local outdoor shops sell sigg bottles of various kinds but not the wide mouth cup version. Wonder if Tiso will take the Primus back now I've used it?
stuff
shm

Previous

Return to Other Brewing Methods