I just got the handpresso...

French Press, Vac Pot, Drip or any other - air your views and results

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

I just got the handpresso...

Postby zix » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:53 pm

Any suggestions on decent ESE pods? The handpresso "dome" model (loks just like the original model, only it has a filter basket for real ground coffee) has yet to enter the nordic market, so while waiting and hoping for a mod kit to arrive I thought I'd try them pods
I must say it looks like a rather well-built thing. The hand likes it.
‹• Bezzera B3000AL • Strietman ES3 • Chemex • Cona C size • Aeropress • Vev moka • Bialetti Brikka • Espro • Cezve • Bacchi Espresso • Arrarex Caravel •
• HG-1 • Lido 1 & E-T • OE Pharos •
• oven • hot air gun • Behmor •›
zix

RE: I just got the handpresso...

Postby Gouezeri » Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:26 pm

From memory (and let's face it, my memory aint what it used to be!), Joey tested a load of pods a while back. Don't think she posted much here, but it might be worth sending her a PM.
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

RE: I just got the handpresso...

Postby zix » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:58 pm

hm mmm, yes, I´ll try to PM her, pods don't seem to be a very popular product around here (or in any coffee forum), but I hope at least one or two (kinds of pods, or number of users) would surface. :)
‹• Bezzera B3000AL • Strietman ES3 • Chemex • Cona C size • Aeropress • Vev moka • Bialetti Brikka • Espro • Cezve • Bacchi Espresso • Arrarex Caravel •
zix

Postby spandit » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:27 pm

I bought one of the original Handpresso devices and I do like to have espresso "on the go". I work as an airline pilot and the stuff it produces is far better than the alternatives available at 35,000' (although still not that great). Interesting to see the Dome model - I wonder if you can buy the basket bit as an add-on (although taking my Rancilio Rocky through security might prove a little difficult)?
spandit

Postby bruceb » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:34 pm

Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby GreenBean » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:37 am

Welcome to TMC Spandit. :D

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby zix » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:31 am

Welcome, spandit!
Sorry to say it seems as if Domepod and Wild are slightly different inside, they say it is not possible to buy the filter or re-kit the Handpresso.
zix

Postby davidbondy » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:12 pm

Hi! As far as I am aware there is NO conversion kit available or to be available to convert the Handpresso Wild to a Handpresso Domepod or vice versa. I have both models and MUCH prefer the Domepod as I have yet to find any ESE pods which taste at all good! I also recommend buying the intense filter as it restricts the flow of water and makes the coffee stronger. It is also a real pain that you can't buy the travel kit without the darned machine in the UK. It is listed in HandPresso's catalogue but Fairfax (the UK importers) don't carry it.

I travel with a hand grinder and and small travel kettle to ensure a constant supply of drinkable coffee. I take my home-roasted beans and grind as I go ... someone told me that life i too short for all the palaver but WE all know better don't we?

David
davidbondy

Postby spandit » Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:35 pm

Didn't realise that was my first post! Been lingering here a while after a friend recommended the site (was on coffeegeek.com before that).

That's a great shame about the DomePod. I had an Aeropress for a while but someone threw away the portafilter (presuming that's what the black plastic bit the filter sits in is called!) and I don't know if you can buy spares.

Re: the Dome, could someone post pictures of how they differ - I reckon I could engineer a converter myself on the Myford!
spandit

Postby davidbondy » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:53 pm

The best thing is to go to the UK importer's site:

http://www.fairfaxcoffee.com/Coffee-Machines/Handpresso.aspx

or the manufactrer's:

http://www.handpresso.com/

Good luck!

David
davidbondy

Postby crphillips » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:59 pm

Spandit - your not the same spandit from the green living forum are you?
La Pavoni Pub (Plumbed In)
Mazzer Mini E'
Gene Cafe
Vacu-Seal
crphillips

Return to Other Brewing Methods