What happened with coffee along the way?

French Press, Vac Pot, Drip or any other - air your views and results

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby GeorgeW » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:58 pm

espressomattic wrote:I like CR's explanation...sometimes the simple sounding answers is the right one. Coffee has a rich and varied, sometimes mystical history, shrouded in folk lore and mystique....actually a bit like Bruce.

Don't take offence at any comments Mr Dramatist. There are those here who are pretty blunt but don't mean to sound rude, those who like a luagh and then those like Bruce and George who are just old and easily confused ;)

You should be ashamed.:shock: Living in New Zealand has coarsened your sensibilities. Too many stubbies and overcooked steaks from the Barbie is known to have this effect.
Bruce and I provide a much needed gravitas to this forum as is generally acknowledged, and for your information Bruce's intellect is unimpaired, as is mine. A less than perfect control of my bladder is the only sign of my increasing age. I cannot speak for Bruce but I would certainly opt for steering him away from my wife's embroidered cushions. Just as a precaution you understand.
Super Jolly
Hottop
Aerobie
Various sizes of Moka stove-tops
Failed Pavoni Europiccola owner.
Zass
GeorgeW

Postby coffee-dramatist » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:09 pm

thanks for the clarification, George.

And my bladder does not react at all anymore, for i have stopped with the increasing of my age. Since then i feel always younger... day after day...

just trying to decide if i wish to imitate Button and die a baby or prefer to move to Vilcabamba and challenge some up there.

Either way - always with the best coffee

(whiskey and wine)
coffee-dramatist

Postby bruceb » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:12 pm

Whazat? Whazat? Oh, ummmm, I guess I dozed off there for a moment...ummm, did I miss something? I, ummm, ohhhhhhhhh, excuse me....

Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Postby coffee-dramatist » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:30 pm

= the strange case with Button and/or Vilcabamba, the Valley with the dozens of individuals over 100 years of age.

That is all. Go back to sleep.
coffee-dramatist

Postby GreenBean » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:39 pm

GeorgeW wrote:Bruce and I provide a much needed gravitas to this forum as is generally acknowledged.

Indubitably, Bruce and George are much revered elder statesmen. It is rumored that their real names are Statler and Waldorf and that this is a rare photo of them together.

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby EspressoSquirrel » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:42 pm

coffee-dramatist wrote:= the strange case with Button and/or Vilcabamba, the Valley with the dozens of individuals over 100 years of age.

you can get some coffee from there.. the valley no benjamin button https://www.hasbean.co.uk/products/Ecuador-Vilcabamba-“Valley-of-Longevity”.html

however i cant get url to enter work correctly, copy and paste
silvia and rocky
EspressoSquirrel

Postby coffee-dramatist » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:48 pm

Squirrel, that site has no more of that coffee (apparently)
but thanks, i already knew where to get it.

you could get it here then: www.maskal.de
http://maskal.de/espresso_+_kaffee_onli ... uador.html
coffee-dramatist

Postby espressomattic » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:55 pm

GreenBean wrote:
GeorgeW wrote:Bruce and I provide a much needed gravitas to this forum as is generally acknowledged.

Indubitably, Bruce and George are much revered elder statesmen. It is rumored that their real names are Statler and Waldorf and that this is a rare photo of them together.

Ah GB, if only you knew just how much one of those classics look like one of our classics!!!! :twisted: I shall remain silent on which tho'.
espressomattic

Postby EspressoSquirrel » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:51 pm

coffee-dramatist wrote:Squirrel, that site has no more of that coffee (apparently)
but thanks, i already knew where to get it.

no its still in stock, but the url isn't working properly, so it won't go directly to the site.

I tried it a while ago, very nice, but didn't make me feel younger... probably the locals drink all the fountain of youth coffee and the rest gets exported.
silvia and rocky
EspressoSquirrel

Postby coffee-dramatist » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:02 pm

it is in the flesh, not in the bones.
It is in the flesh.

(flesh = pulp, bones = beans)

They eat the flesh and export the bones.
We are idiots. And that is mild, compared to what Luwaks must think of us.
Last edited by coffee-dramatist on Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
coffee-dramatist

Postby espressomattic » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:09 am

And Jacu Birds for that matter.
espressomattic

Postby coffee-dramatist » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:01 am

soon i may be selling "home-digested beans"
sounds good?
Who needs cats and birds to digest our coffee?

and so we would be back by the original topic - Alchemy.

at home you may digest in combination with all you want. Intestinal Alchemy (selected, of course)
coffee-dramatist

Postby fred25 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:46 am

Cut the middle-bird that's what I say - besides, there's some poetry about eating one's own 'creations' - if you don't get put off by the taste, mind you... :vomits silently in a corner: :? ;)
Au réveil, il était midi.
fred25

Postby Joris » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:50 pm

The question about home-digested coffee is what the impact of the rest of your diet is on the beans, and more importantly to the taste in the cup. I personally think the abundant use of chillies and garlic in the diet could yield a very special coffee ;)

The real challenge will be finding someone to collect the beans after they've exited the indigestion system :shock:
Veni, Vidi, Imbibi Coffea !

Bezzera Lever Machine (customized)
Doserless Mazzer Major
"Juggernaut" Homebuilt Roaster
Aeropress, Vacpots, presspots and mokkapots
Joris

Postby coffee-dramatist » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:06 pm

I'll try to rap up (may be) my "topic" here. But i am still interested to know....

Do you guys never wonder, if using coffee differently would be a hit?
Examples:
cooking water with raw beans, then taking the beans out and using the water for a light soup with onions, garlic or coriander - perhaps with poultry or fish

or

using water cooked with roasted beans and after taking the beans out putting some dark meat and spices inside?

did you never play with such ideas?
coffee-dramatist

PreviousNext

Return to Other Brewing Methods