using a blade grinder - any tips

French Press, Vac Pot, Drip or any other - air your views and results

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby Gouezeri » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:20 am

Couldn't agree more Baz, and as you say, 120 quid for a grinder to be used with a FP puts a lot of people off. As I mentioned, I'm sure lots of us have used them as part of our journey and they are a fairly cheap way of getting in to fresh coffee. I still prefer to recommend that people keep their eyes open for the starbucks barista, or dualit/solis equivalent, as I've seen these on sale for less than 40 quid.
The real problem is maybe the emphasis that is placed on espresso drinks (fashion or not) and the standard of equipment that this requires. Espresso has been given an image where only the biggest, best and most shiny/expensive will do, as if espresso were the king of all brewing techniques. That said, judging by the amount of milk, syrups and whipped creams that end up in some people's cups, I'm not sure the quality or freshness of the coffee really matters :wink:
This week I are feeling sleepy!
Gouezeri

Postby SlowRain » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:24 pm

Jaanus wrote:What about pound-for-dollar investment?

Nah, just messin with ya :lol:

I just realized how ignorant my statement was. It's going to take me a while to get converted over. Please bear with me.
SlowRain

Postby CakeBoy » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:51 pm

Don't stress it SlowRain, it's great to have you here. We are a bunch of mickey takers at the best of times, but you'll be glad to know I usually bear the brunt of most leg pulling ;) :D
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby fred25 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:04 pm

Did I mention muffins? :P :lol: ;)

Welcome to TMC, SlowRain! :D
Au réveil, il était midi.
fred25

Previous

Return to Other Brewing Methods