french press advice again

French Press, Vac Pot, Drip or any other - air your views and results

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby Richard » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:23 am

BazBean wrote:Not a lot to add Richard but just wanted to say I enjoyed the enthusiasm for the coffee itself in your post.

Oh-gosh, thanks for that, as regards my comment on my pals machine, just to put that into perspective I doubt I could get nice coffee out of my press if the thing was never cleaned.

BazBean wrote:I have a spaz and a lever at home now. this is firstly because i sample ( not drink ) 6-10 espresso a day and when I get home I want honesty for a cup rather than technique, this said I can understand your passion for this medium.
:shock:

Presumably you are attached to the coffee industry professionally ? A few weeks ago I was drinking far to much coffee in my enthusiasm and found that everything ended up tasting the same, how do you cope ?
Hot-air-gun roasting.
French press.
Aeropress. Swiss Gold Modified.
Bialetti Venus.
MahlKonig Vario.
Richard

Postby lukas » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:48 am

Presumably all my comments have to be considered only towards French-press methods because I most certainly did not enjoy that espresso experience. A bit like going back to the dark-ages for me so are you guys just making assumptions that if you buy a superb machine you will get better coffee than out of the humble French Press.

For me it's not wether brewed or espresso is 'better'. They are both two very different brewing methods. But: getting a superb grinder will definitly make your french press experience even better, in that you can trust me :)
Lukas

This week I like my coffee luke-warm.
--
Newest kit: Ghibli R-15
lukas

Previous

Return to Other Brewing Methods