Aeropress - Whats a good coffee?

French Press, Vac Pot, Drip or any other - air your views and results

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby Steem21 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:38 pm

GeorgeW wrote:Nothing is sacred to you is it?

I agree George. What a way to treat Scotland's national dish..... :cry:
La Spaziale Vivaldi II, Mazzer Mini E, Aerobie Aeropress
Steem21

Postby CakeBoy » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:54 am

I prefer to see the wee creatures scampering around the heather, free and happy :P
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Steem21 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:04 am

Cakey wrote:I prefer to see the wee creatures scampering around the heather, free and happy

That maybe true, Cakey, but I don't know how much scampering they'll be doing after being through your Aeropress "mortar"! :shock:
Steem21

Postby kingseven » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:23 pm

Just finishing off a cup of Steve's Yirg.

Awesome!
http://www.jimseven.com

I'll never own too many items with which to enjoy coffee.
kingseven

Postby CakeBoy » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:02 pm

Did you get a huge fresh grapefruit hit for openers Jim? I loved that :D
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby Fatboy_007 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:04 pm

I have just received at work my Aeropress, so v. excited. Also got some Yemen Mokha Mattar, some Brazil Fazenda Cachoera Canario and the Bolivian Santa Fe COE Winner (all from Steve HB), so looking forward to trying those out this evening :D

Could be a bit of a sleepless night though (although with a poorly 23 month old son, all nights seem to be sleepless) :(
Fatboy_007

Postby Paul L » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:03 pm

The Bolivian Santa Fe is a current favourite, seems to smell of chocolate cake although I can't separate out the flavours the way Steve and others will. Thoroughly recommend putting some El Salvador Le Fany through as well, another current fave.

The nice thing is that I call Steve about once a quarter and buy 3 or 4 new beans in 2kg bags. I guess I'm getting through about 0.5kg per week give or take but then I often grind enough for the Aerobie at work to share with a colleague who has been getting hooked. Aside from any preferences, I just enjoy trying different beans and also reading about the geography and well known produce from various continents and countries.

Until very recently the names quoted on here meant nothing to me unless I had personally tried them. Once our early focus in machines, grinders and all sorts of coffee devices settles down it's great to be left with something simple like an Aerobie and a variety of beans. I can see why Steve has been having fun with his.
Paul L

Postby Steem21 » Fri Aug 18, 2006 9:00 am

Paul L wrote:Until very recently the names quoted on here meant nothing to me unless I had personally tried them. Once our early focus in machines, grinders and all sorts of coffee devices settles down it's great to be left with something simple like an Aerobie and a variety of beans. I can see why Steve has been having fun with his.

I totally agree with you there Paul. Having the Aerobie and a selection of beans and Steve's cupping notes handy is quite fun and hassle free. I still enjoy the whole espresso routine but it's sometimes nice to keep it simple and just explore the flavours of the different beans. And I'm now paying more attention to the cupping notes before buying my next lot of beans.
Steem21

Previous

Return to Other Brewing Methods