Are there any benefits with drip filter coffee?

French Press, Vac Pot, Drip or any other - air your views and results

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Postby zix » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:51 pm

Wow, this old thread again! Fun.
It is almost three years later, and I still prefer any other method over filter drip - or should I say, over filter drip made with a typical electric brewer.
I like french press, moka pot, vac pot, aeropress, turkish, even ye olde coffee boiler, better. Not to mention espresso.
Have only tried the classic filter drip once (boiling water, then simply pouring it over a porcelain Melitta filter holder with paper filter + freshly roasted aand ground coffee), but it was something completely different - waaay better. Not as good as the vac pot though. I often use the Santos and bought the Kona.
Then again, maybe I am one of those "body" fans. I like a good body!
‹• Bezzera B3000AL • Strietman ES3 • Chemex • Cona C size • Aeropress • Vev moka • Bialetti Brikka • Espro • Cezve • Bacchi Espresso • Arrarex Caravel •
• HG-1 • Lido 1 & E-T • OE Pharos •
• oven • hot air gun • Behmor •›
zix

Postby al_bongo » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:59 pm

I know, bit of a blast from the past, but the preferences are just as relevant and the opportunity to revive a bit of controversy even better. Agree with the vacpot like 'em a lot, great cup of coffee but bit more temperamental than filter and don't trust myself with the Cona first thing in the morning.

Do think espresso is a bit of a different category-like a good espresso meself but a bit different to a mug of coffee first thing in the monring.
al_bongo

Previous

Return to Other Brewing Methods