Anyone experience with Krups grinder?

French Press, Vac Pot, Drip or any other - air your views and results

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Anyone experience with Krups grinder?

Postby Jo2 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:38 pm

Hi all,

Well de VBM Domobar Super i mentioned earlier was already sold by the time i got in touch with the seller :x
But now i spend my time browsing fleamarkets and recycle shops to find nice coffee gadgets... E.g i bought a little DouweEgberts "espresso machine" wich presses the hot water through the coffeegrinds by centrifugal power... funny little thing... i am goint to try it tonight :wink:
Also i have this Poccino "espresso thingy" (see avatar) which works kinda like a mocca-pot but then electrical...

Now what i would like to know: does anyone have experience with the Krups Coffeegrinder ProEdition (type: GVX2). I can buy one for like € 70,= but i'd like to know if it's worth the money...
I expect it's probably not good enough when i (someday) find a (used) VBM :D , but just for playing...

Suggestions are welcome...
Jo
Attachments
GVX2_bl.jpg
GVX2_bl.jpg (8.91 KiB) Viewed 4859 times
Mazzermini E, Jura E80, Mokapot (VBM Domobar Super on its way)
Jo2

Postby wang » Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:58 pm

It's rather crap. On par with a Gaggia MM, has fairly blunt flat burrs. Go for a Solis Maestro Plus if you're not looking for espresso grinds but a sturdy grinder. Costs 99E + 20E shipping on www.allesinallem.com . If you're looking for espresso grinding though, go for one with a Lux burrset or a Gaggia MDF. The rocky's way overpriced.
solis maestro, bodum columbia, starbucks extreme mug
rancilio rocky and nancy
swissmar alpenrost
black & decker heatgun
lidl brand air popper
wang

Postby marcvangend » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:10 pm

Hi Wang,
Thanks to your post I went to allesinallem to buy a solis maestro plus (E107 including shipping abroad). Being a student, I can't afford a Mazzer and other expensive equipment...
You say the Solis isn't suitable for espresso. I'm sure that true connaisseurs can taste the difference, but for now it's perfect for me. I'm very happy with the espresso grinds I get from my Solis - it's no doubt the best E107 can buy!
marcvangend

Return to Other Brewing Methods