In My Mug Episode 344

A forum for one of our advertisers http://www.hasbean.co.uk

Moderators: CakeBoy, GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb

In My Mug Episode 344

Postby Steve » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:12 pm

Well its up and it has a fairly heavy focus on Burundi, I don't normally get all serious, but theres a heck of a lot of unrest there, and I really do hope it calms down. If you don't listen to it all take some time to listen to the focus on (couple of mins in and around 5 mins)

the coffees pretty funky and delicious (if not weird) too

you can watch here

http://inmymug.com/episodes/episode-344-on-monday-the-15th-of-june-2015-burundi-mutara-hill-nautral
Steve
Founder Member

Re: In My Mug Episode 344

Postby rgifford » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:16 pm

Sad to hear of political problems in Burundi but Africa is generally like that. It is fortunate that the US aren't interested, they have done enormous damage all over. Letting countries find a solution which works locally, even if that solution looks nasty from the outside, is the best way. Any solution which gives stability is good. To see the risks of trying to 'improve' the system in another country you only have to look at Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, etc.

China does a lot for African countries, I'm not sure that is a good thing either.
rgifford

Postby Steve » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:46 am

The China influence is all over central america too, and I agree not sure its the best solution. Stability is whats really needed, but Africa seems to have so many issues that it looks a long way off.
Steve
Founder Member

Postby rgifford » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:18 am

Africa is a long way off being stable but external interference would make it worse. The corruption inherent there would guarantee a bad outcome. The people in control may look like 'bad-uns' to the outside world but removing them results in something far worse. Just look at Iraq and Libya (which I know aren't Africa) as examples.

From what I've seen China seem to be putting in infrastructure, possibly to take advantage of cheap labour/resources/etc, rather than imposing political change. I've only seen it in countries that I consider safe to visit of course which is a skewed sample.
rgifford

Return to Has Bean Coffee