The Behmor Brazen

A forum for one of our advertisers http://www.hasbean.co.uk

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

The Behmor Brazen

Postby Steve » Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:13 am

I've been waiting around 2 years for these to land, but today we are pleased to announce that the Behmor Brazen has landed and available on the site

http://www.hasbean.co.uk/products/behmor-brazen-plus-brew-system

The Brazen plus is a home filter machine that lets you brew with a firm grip on temperature, so many brewers just don't get hot enough or offer great temperature stability, however with a Brazen you're in control as you can set the coffee brewing temperature from between 190°F – 210°F (88°C - 99°C).

You're also in control of both the pre-soak and overall brew time. All this for just £149.99.

But if your a TMC member check out the members club room for a special offer !!
Steve
Founder Member

Re: The Behmor Brazen

Postby rgifford » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:08 pm

You mention using Kalita Wave filter papers. 185 size presumably.

White or brown and why?
rgifford

Postby Steve » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:26 am

Yes on the 185

White I prefer as they taste less pappery, but bleaching is not very environmentally sound, so we offer both
Steve
Founder Member

Postby rgifford » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:41 am

Thanks.

I'm expecting temptation to overcome my resistance real soon now. It looks a lovely piece of kit
rgifford

Postby frcn » Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:57 pm

It is a very capable brewer, and the few niggling negatives it presents are forgotten with the first sip. I used the timer once, and the difference between freshly ground and the coffee I ground the night before to have ready in the morning was so dramatic I have never used the timer again.

Problems, such as they are, include dripping of water on the metal base from the brew head when removing the filter basket and condensation on the carafe lid when the brew is done and the lid is removed. I just tell those who complain about it to get a towel and keep it handy.
- from Randy G. -
Hottop USA Customer Service
...and so much more!
frcn

Postby ChrisC » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:48 pm

rgifford wrote:Thanks.

I'm expecting temptation to overcome my resistance real soon now. It looks a lovely piece of kit

Can I afford one? Probably not. Will I buy one anyway? Highly likely. I can resist anything but temptation.
ChrisC

Return to Has Bean Coffee