First post and need some help!

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

First post and need some help!

Postby simbloke » Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:30 pm

Hi there,

I wonder if anyone has some advice about my broken automatic machine - apart form chuck it in the bin that is, or you should have never bought it...

It is a Saeco Syntia and one day I came to use it after a week or so and no coffee came out. Boiler heated up, pump pumped but nothing produced. Tried again and there was a pop followed by steam from the vents! It would produced hot water and steam fine, just not coffee.

So today I finally get time to take the thing apart and have a look. In the attached pic you can see a broken part, the black part in the middle with the spring. This is the safety valve according the the parts list. I guess it has failed because something else is blocked, but what?

Since it can produce hot water I guess everything is ok from the pump to boiler to selector valve, but then what's next?

Any suggestions welcome,
Simeon

IMG_0568.JPG
IMG_0568.JPG (25.25 KiB) Viewed 9706 times
simbloke

Re: First post and need some help!

Postby bruceb » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:34 pm

Sorry to hear of your bad luck. Perhaps someone here will know more about the situation.
What makes you think the plastic valve didn't just fail on it's own? I doubt that it would fail because of overpressure.
Hope you get it sorted soon. Please let us know how it goes and thanks for joining us. When you have a moment tell us a bit about your coffee experiences and interests if you like. We're always interested. Thanks.
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Return to Espresso