Unpasteurised milk

Equipment, technique, or just drinking the stuff

Moderators: GreenBean, Gouezeri, bruceb, CakeBoy

Unpasteurised milk

Postby sicinius » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:07 pm

Anyone tried it?

After years with Tesco and Sainsbury's full fat, I've been using it for six months now and I think there are advantages. It seems just as willing to become micro foam. The foam looks glossier, is slightly less dense so pours easier and it seems to retain its structure longer.

It's hard to get hold of but we live near a farm that has just started selling to the public.
Isomac Zaffiro, Eureka Mignon, Isomac Gram Macinino, Aeropress, Stovetop espresso, various Moka stovetops, 3 cafetieres, 50's glass Cona. Behmor 1600.
sicinius

RE: Unpasteurised milk

Postby HughF » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:58 pm

Many years ago we knew a guy next door to a dairy farm where we walked our dog. The unpasteurised milk was so good even instant coffee was memorable. I use Yeo Valley Organic Whole Milk for cappuccinos these days, I drink brewed coffee black.

Cheers,

Hugh
Grinders : Macap MXK conical for espresso, Mahlkoenig Vario for Chemex, Macap MC6 (spare when our office was closed) for cafetiere, Zassenhaus Knee Mill for cafetiere when working away from home.
La Spaziale Vivaldi S1 espresso machine. HotTop KN8828P roaster. Chemex manual drip for most brewed coffee plus cafetieres and eSantos.
HughF

RE: Unpasteurised milk

Postby CakeBoy » Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:24 pm

I wish we had such lovely milk nearby. Incidentally, can anyone else taste the difference between 'fresh' milk and Cravendale types?
www.CakeBoy.co.uk
International muffin blagger

Iberital L'Anna 1 Gp Hand-Fill | Wega Orion 2 Gp | Bezzera 1 Gp | Rancilio Audrey PID | Spidem Trevi
Iberital MC2 Timed | Macap M4 DS & MXA DS | Mazzer SJ | Starbucks Barista Grinder (Dualit E60/Solis 166)
Pinhalense 2x500g Gas Batch/Sample Roaster | Gene Cafe | IMEX CR-100
Aerobie | eSantos | Zassenhaus | Bodum P/Over | Chemex | Hario Woodneck | Timer Filter
CakeBoy

Postby GreenBean » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:12 am

It is lovely to see you around, Cakey. I am afraid I am not qualified to comment on this subject. For reasons of being eccentric, well weird really, I do not let milk anywhere near my coffee. :oops:

Izzo Alex Duetto | Gaggia XD 2 Group | Mazzer Super Jolly | La Cimbali Max | Solis 166 | Dalian 1 kg roaster | Hottop P | Hottop B | French Press (several) | Kettle modded, no really, added digital thermometer |
GreenBean

Postby sicinius » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:54 pm

I know it's naughty and one shouldn't put milk in coffee after 9:30 but I do love a cappa and a Belgian chocolate biscuit. I have some whiteware cups and saucers which hold 4oz instead of the usual 5, 1:3 with a double shot, which is just right. If you are ever near the Mosel in Germany, Mettlach is home to Villeroy and Boch and there is a fabulous seconds shop there, full of all sorts of goodies.
Isomac Zaffiro, Eureka Mignon, Isomac Gram Macinino, Aeropress, Stovetop espresso, various Moka stovetops, 3 cafetieres, 50's glass Cona. Behmor 1600.
sicinius

Postby bruceb » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:37 am

If I am going to drink more than one shot per day I have no choice but to put milk in my coffee. We also drink small cappuccinos and have a number of different cups from Villeroy and Boch and from Rosenthal to chose from. In the morning I usually pull a double into a 4 oz cup and top up with hot, frothy milk It's great with marmalade on home made sourdough bread with butter. In fact, it sounds so good I may have the combo right now. :lol:
Three Francesconi (CMA) espresso machines - Rossi, San Marco, LaCimbali, Faema and 2 Mazzer Major grinders- CoffeeTech Maggionlino, Hottop, Alpenröst and HW Precision roasters.
I decided I needed a bit of a change so I roasted some Monsooned Malabar. That was a change!
bruceb

Return to Espresso